Chapter 78

“I can't go to work today,” I tell Steve when I get out of the shower the next morning.

I'm sitting on the end of the bed, still in my pajamas, and he gives me a confused look as he opens the closet.

I can't help but lose myself a little admiring her ass.

Steve is really good to look at and I wonder if I'll ever get used to it.

- Everything is fine?

- With me yes.

He turns around, pulling on his boxer briefs.

"Then why don't you go to work?" Something with Penelope? He runs to Penelope's stroller that's in a corner of the room.

He rolls his eyes.

- She is fine.

"Then why don't you go to work?"

“The nanny isn't coming today.

- What happened?

He picks up a pair of pants.

“She broke her ulna bone.

Steve turns to me, looking like “are you serious?”.

I burst out laughing, standing up and picking Penelope from the cart.

- Just kidding. I asked her not to come.

“Why would she do that? We have a meeting today, Natasha, don't you remember?

— Yes, I know, but I can participate by video.

“I don't think it's appropriate.

He wears a shirt and I almost regret it.

Would Steve also find it inappropriate if I asked him to work shirtless?

It could be something interesting in the summer, for example.

“But when Mark got sick he took part in teleconference meetings and nobody saw a problem with that. I'll do homework and that's it. This is very acceptable yes.

“But it wasn't a client meeting.

- I will get it right!

“Natasha, it's a meeting with people from Harvey, one of our most important customers.

- I know that.

“And you remember when we were at Harvey you threw up all over the CEO, don't you?

Oh shit, does he have to remind me of that pitiful episode?

I approach and kiss his lips.

- Don't worry. It will be perfect this time.

“If you say so,” he grumbles sullenly.

- Trust me. I'm going to work from home so I won't be so worried about Penelope.

"For God's sake, still with that nanny plumbing?"

— I'm still not sure that Irina is the right person...

“You're being exaggerated.

“I'm being careful, that's all. Now I'm going to change Penelope and feed her.

I leave the room before he continues to criticize me and place Penelope on the changing table.

I smile as I take off his diaper.

"Today it's just you and me and none of that nosy Russian around here!" I kiss her tummy making her laugh.

Yes, it had been a great idea.