Chapter 75

Back to the present. It happened this morning.

Hill continues to stare at me, waiting for more details, which I won't give him. Well, not that I really have anything to say.

"And you're not going to say anything else?" she insists.

“Stop being curious, Hill! And where's Wanda, I haven't seen her anywhere...

“Wanda is on vacation. She sent me a picture of a weird place, now that she's become a witch, she's more bizarre than before. She said as soon as she gets back she'll read my hand, saying her visions are more
sharper than ever!

Hill shows me a picture of Wanda on his cell phone. It's still too weird to see her without her usual black goth clothes. Now she wears her blonde hair down and a long flowered dress. In addition to a wreath in her hair and colorful necklaces around her neck. She looks more like my mother's daughter than I do.

“Oh, I know where that is. My mom vacations there too, she's like a Wiccan refuge or something in Ireland.

I still remember with horror the summer my mother made me go when I was 15. It was like having my mother multiplied by twenty!

— Look, the boss is here.

My eyes are drawn to the entrance where Steve emerges, alongside the DBS shareholders. And it's like déjà vu. I still remember how anxious I was last Christmas, ready to do what many would have thought impossible: win Steve Rogers.

Of course, my demonic ex-boss came my way, on whom I spilled champagne and she forced me to exchange my beautiful sexy dress for a hideous model. So I spent the night getting drunk, thinking all was lost. But fate gave me a little push, making me pass out right in Steve's car.

And it was just the beginning of a succession of bizarre episodes, involving fake engagement, cubit bone, incredible sex and overwhelming passion.

To get here, in the same place where it all started.

And unlike that night, when Steve didn't even notice me, now his gaze searches the crowd for me, and when he finds me, everything else
fades away.

Steve advances toward me, still as handsome as he'd looked that night. But now no longer unattainable.

Now he's mine.

His hand finds mine and he smiles.

“How did I not see you that night, Natasha Romanoff? He asks as if to himself. And I realize that his thoughts are in sync
with mine. He is also remembering that first night of confusion.

“That's what I still wonder. Because I'm really hard to ignore.

“I can't disagree. He leans in to kiss me, but I stop the motion, looking around worriedly.

“Steve, don't do that here!

- Why not?

“Because everyone's watching and I don't want us to be the butt of gossip.

"Now are you worried about it?" If you haven't noticed, our life has been the main source of fun for DBS employees for a long time.

“And for the first time I don't see you talking about it angrily. - I find Steve's calm in talking about the obvious fact that our relationship was really the biggest gossip of all time in the company.

“I've had enough of being mad about it. If they want to have fun, let them have fun, as long as they work efficiently and don't make our profit fall.

“Oh yes, there's the ruthless CEO I fell in love with! - Laugh, amused.