1:14 Let's Just Finish The Dance

Let's Just Finish The Dance
Part 3
————

Let's Just Finish The DancePart 3————

————

RECAP

You looked between Hopes eyes. "I was sorry, but now I'm vindicated." You responded.

Hope rolled her eyes, turning around. "All right, Lizzie, Hope, you keep an eye on the contestants. MG, Landon, we're gonna search the campus." Alaric put you guys into groups. "Kate-"

You cut him off. "I'm gonna go ask Roman questions now that I'm fired up again." You stated, walking off, rubbing your arms as you were cold.

You felt eyes on you but one stood out and it was most likely Hope. "Yeah, super helpful." Hope yelled. "Ask a vampire how he turned a woman to stone." Hope sarcastically said.

Alaric cut in. "All right, everyone stay alert and be careful out there." He called so you could hear.

————

You shook your head as you walked off. But then you found Roman and went up to him. "Hey." You said.

He looked down at you. "Hi." He responded, unsure why you were speaking to him.

You let out a breathe. "Mind helping me look for a person or something that turns people to stone?" You questioned and he nodded. You two turned a corner when you started speaking again. "So this has got to be weird for you. Lot of emotions coming up, been a while since you've seen Hope." You stated.

Roman looked around unlike you. "I thought we were supposed to be looking for the boulder bandit." Roman replied.

You came to a stop. "Yeah, about that. Are you sure I'm not looking at him?" You asked as he turned around.

Roman scoffed as you made that statement. "Uh, yeah. Yeah, you solved the case, Sherlock. I'm gonna turn the entire school to stone, steal a horse from the stable, and Hope and I are gonna ride off into the sunset." Roman sarcastically responded. You looked down then back up at Roman. "Stop beating around the bush. Ask me what you really want to know." You went to ask but didn't.

"Do I still have feelings for Hope?" He said the question you wanted to ask. "Yes, of course I do, and I always will, but she would never get back with me. And, look, you don't have to trust me on this, but you should definitely trust her." Roman said before walking off.

You sighed walking into the school and to the twins' room. The door was open and you heard them speaking so instead of walking in, you decided to eavesdrop even though you knew it wasn't right. " 'Though I still struggle daily with a profound sense of l-loss...' " Hope trailed off. "Lizzie, um, why are all the answer that you've prepared for me about death and grief?" She inquired.