2:1 I'll Never Give Up Hope

I'll Never Give Up Hope
Part 3
————

I'll Never Give Up HopePart 3————

————

RECAP

You shook your head. "I'm sorry. But do you understand why I can't take that risk?" You questioned.

Clark nodded, knowing you wouldn't accept the deal even if he was lying. "Yeah. I would do the same thing if I were you." Clark stated and you chuckled as he looked away embarrassed. "God." He groaned.

Your chuckling stopped. "Good luck, Clarke." You yelled.

"Screw you, Kate!" He replied and you just glared at him as you got sucked into the vortex.

————

Landon soon arrived to the school after Hope. They were both in a room as they did the locator spell. "Think of my blood like the red line crossing the map in Raiders of the Lost Ark." A shiver went down Hopes spine as she said that, she was becoming a movie nerd. "It'll flow wherever it senses Raf. And it'll show us the path." Hope explained. She cut her finger open and let the blood fall onto the page.

Landon looked up from the map and to Hope. "Thank you for this." He said.

Hope looked up, slightly smiling. "Of course. It's honestly child's play." She stated. "It's how I used to cheat at hide-and-go-seek." The wound immediately healed. Landon looked down, smiling. "And just give it a second." The blood stayed put.

"I want you to know, I wasn't trying to hurt myself. On the Fourth." Landon paused as he watched Hope look down. "I wasn't trying to, like, self-destruct or anything." He explained.

Hope shrugged. "Mm, could've fooled me." Hope grabbed a cloth as there was a little blood still on her finger.

Landon shook his head. "I don't know. Maybe it started like that, but when I go under, I see images." Hope looked up immediately. "Memories, maybe. There's something buried in my brain, and when I die, I get a glimpse of it, but... maybe it's nothing. Maybe it's the answer to everything. I don't know." Landon stated.

Hope thought for a moment, could it be you? Hope decided to speak up instead of keeping quiet. "No answer is more important than making sure that you don't accidentally over shoot your phoenix quota." Hope replied, her heart burning as she basically said that you weren't important.

A silence filled the room as you waited for the spell to work. "Are you happy?" Landon randomly asked.

Hope looked up front he map. "What do you mean?" She questioned, confused.