Six

Jungkook was frustrated, pacing his bedroom with his phone in his hand a little bit after twelve in the afternoon. His assistant just text him that she'd not written back. He was shocked, but also put in his place. Who wouldn't write back the gorgeous, famous, talented, rich, Jeon Jungkook? Her.

JJ: Did you ask if she received my letter?

PA: Her doctor confirmed she delivered the letter last night

JJ: But did she read it?

PA: How would anyone know that?

JJ: She didn't stay and watch? She didn't ask her about it? Nothing?

PA: You should calm down

JJ: I'm calm, come back, I have another letter for you to take

PA: You want me to spend another three hours in the car today?

JJ: You're going to be in the car a lot until she writes back, maybe even after she writes back

PA: What is the point of all this?

Jungkook didn't know, but something about the way he could feel her heart breaking made him need to see it through. He couldn't talk to the guys about it, he knew that Namjoon would say that maybe she's not telling the truth. That people lied all the time to preserve themselves, or sometimes just lied for attention.

Jimin and Taehyung would be concerned, they thought he went too intensely into everything he did. They were right, sometimes he could get obsessed with new hobbies, but she wasn't a hobby. She was a person, and she needed his help.

Yoongi would think he was overstepping his responsibility, if he felt this way toward every person who needed his help he'd have a full time job on his hands. Hobi would agree, would tell him to let it go before he got too involved.

Jin would tell him to see it through, but keep his guard up. He could do that, be her friend, listen to her, without getting overly involved. He would relax as soon as she responded, as soon as they'd made contact.

He pulled out a notebook and started writing, he only had an hour before the PA returned. He'd keep it light, say something funny, make her laugh. He'd draw something charming, he'd break through her walls.

~

"This is the last time I'm delivering a letter outside of mail call." Dr Kang leaned against your doorway holding out a letter covered in dog stickers.

"Do you know who it's from? Did you know about the other one?" You rolled your eyes and continued dragging the blue colored pencil across a flower in the adult coloring book you'd acquired from the lounge.

"Jeon Jungkook. His PA looked completely exhausted. She's waiting for your response." She approached and placed the letter on the corner of the desk where you'd sat for the last hour.

"Are you sure it's not some crazy person harassing another crazy person?" You sighed poking the envelope with the pencil, it left a small blue line.

"Choi Hyunboram showed her Hybe credentials, but I can't for certain validate he wrote the letter and not someone else at Hybe."

"Tell her I'm not going to write back."

"You don't want to decide after reading it?"

"No."

"Are you going to read it? Can I at least tell her that when I explain our mail hours to her?"

"Why do you care?" You met her eye and frowned.

"You could use a friend, and even if it's just a few letters back and forth, I think knowing that someone out there cares for you, could be helpful."

"It's probably not even him, just some staffer that read my letter and feels sorry for me." You knocked the letter on the floor and selected a green pencil, turning away from her.