Eleven

She'd refused three more of his letters, Hyun and Kyujin taking turns being the assistant that was rejected. Jungkook didn't know how to fix what he'd done, part of him wondered why he was even feeling so guilty.

Did he have the responsibility to never miss a single letter ever again? Was that even something he could promise? When they toured in four months he certainly wouldn't be able to maintain that level of contact.

The problem was he did feel that responsibility, and beyond that he wanted it. Ridiculous or not the last few days without her words had made him feel empty. He had a deep pit in his stomach all day and the only thing that made the ache ease was reading her letters again once he returned home. He worried what that meant.

He'd avoided calls from Mina, sending her to voicemail, and only responding to her text with single word answers. He knew it was crappy of him, but why she'd gone and gotten attached he didn't know. He'd never promised her anything, not even more sex.

Jungkook found himself in front of the lawyer wing of the Hybe building, he knew Y/N had accepted a visit from Yun Choram's staff. He'd thought about asking them to deliver his letters but realized forcing her wasn't going to resolve the feelings of insecurity he given her.

"Got a second?" He leaned into Choram's office having charmed his way past her secretary.

"Of course, sit. I was just reviewing Y/Nssi's information for our meeting today. I was going to come find you." He noticed the stacks of folders and pages of documents strewn across the desk.

"Did you find anything that can help?" He settled into the seat, no idea where this was going or what his intentions were for showing up.

"Not really. The judge gave her eomma almost blanket authority over her freedom, her treatment. They only thing she can't access is her bank account and trust fund." Choram sighed leaning back into her chair.

"You know that's what they really want right? Have you reached out to her?" Jungkook didn't like that this powerful ruthless lawyer was discouraged, that must mean the situation was truly dire.

"I did and her lawyer responded that we should file a petition for a review in court." She said it slowly watching his eyes.

"Great, is that the next step?" If there was progress maybe Y/N would understand he wasn't abandoning her and accept his letters again.

"It's not. That was very strategic on their part. A petition will have your name on it. It will be public record and anyone will be able to see that Jeon Jungkook through Hybe is requesting a review for a patient at a mental ward." He understood immediately and the news made him flinch.

"We talked about this when I agreed to meet with her, if we go to court we have to get permission from everyone this can blow back on." She continued patiently but Jungkook had already jumped ahead.

"Bang will agree." Jungkook said it with confidence, Bang would support anything the guys wanted, a little wave in Dispatch didn't scare him because he knew it could be squashed.

"Park Jiwon and the other six guys have to agree as well. Park Jiwon already said he'll do whatever the majority wants, but you need to ask your members. They stand to lose money if Hybe does, they own part of the BTS brand." Jungkook could feel color coming to his cheeks, that was going to be a problem.

~

You were sitting on your bed, the Wings album on your lap, a small cd player next to it. One of the counselors had found it for you and you'd spent the last hour listening. You knew he would be coming back for it soon and you wanted to get as many listens in as possible.