twenty nine

The final exams were upon us.

We had taken the written exam and now we were to take the practical exam which apparently, consisted of the robots from the entrance exam.

After suiting up, we all stood infront of Aizawa on the viewing deck in ground beta. He began explaining that he knew we had asked people from the grades above us and he's here to inform us that we won't be going against the robots from the entrance exam.

"What!?" Kaminari shouted from Kirishima's left, Mineta following with his own shriek. Aizawa's scarf began to move, everyone's attention zeroing in on it.

Out popped principal Nezu with a smile making a few people jump. "Hello class 1-A!" He jumped down from an annoyed looking Aizawa and began to speak as every teacher walked onto the viewing deck.

"It's true that in previous years we used robots to conduct the practical portion of the final exams but this year we have decided to do something different." The mouse-bear said to the class.

"Due to the current issue with the League of Villains, we have decided that it would be more conducive for you all to go against real life threats." He then gestured to the teachers who were standing in a line.

"For that reason you'll all be going against your teachers!" Denki and Mineta let out a loud shriek that made me glare at the back of their heads.

"But that's unfair!" Kaminari cried to the small principal. "Life's unfair, idiot/Kaminari." My voice mingled with Aizawa's making a smirk ghost my lips.

Our homeroom teacher began to list who we would team up with and who we'd go up against.

"Shoto Todoroki and Momo Yaoyorozu against me." A devilish smirk graced his lips as he spoke making me feel sorry for Shoto.

"Katsuki Bakugo and Izuku Midoriya against," this was already an iffy pairing but it became worse when AllMight boomed down from the sky, "Me!" The No. 1 hero finished Aizawa's sentence.

Bakugo let out an angry explosion from my left making me flinch a little. "Fuck no!" He then glared at Midoriya making the greenette grimace with a sweatdrop.

They were soulmates and yet, they acted like they hated eachother but I knew they both had some form of fondness for eachother from their thoughts alone. They were a weird pair and I didn't see the chemistry. Only time can tell though.

Aizawa got to my name, "Ikari Maindo and Minoru Mineta against Midnight." I locked eyes with the raven haired woman and flashed her a smirk earning one in return.

Nemuri and I had become close in the last few weeks. We often got a coffee after school or alternatively went shopping. She was someone I enjoyed hanging out with.

"Yes!" Mineta lisped as he drooled at the sight of the pretty woman. I kicked him in the back, making him fall flat on his face. He let out a groan and Aizawa shot a nasty glare at me.

I shrugged, "He needs to keep his eyes to himself," I stepped on his back and leaned down, "Or I'll pop his eyes out for him." He shivered in fear as he saw the crazed look in my eyes.

Aizawa sighed, "That's enough, Maindo." I took my leather boot off his pathetic back and stood straight, listening to Aizawa.

After the raven haired teacher finished telling us our matchups, we were given ten minutes until the first match up went.

Yaoyorozu bounced over to Shoto and flashed him a bright smile as she clung to his arm. I glared as she spoke to him in a perky tone that I couldn't make out from where I stood.

I clenched my hands into fists, my teeth clenching at the sight of the black haired girl very obviously flirting with Shoto. My blood boiled with envy as she trailed her hand down his arm.