forty six

Shoto Todoroki POV

~A month ago~

It's been two weeks since I saw Ikari get taken away in an ambulance at Kamino Ward. I've stayed away from the news, couped up in my room ever since.

Earlier this week, my father came to tell me she's stable but unconscious, which brought a sort of serenity to my mind.

Today, I go back to school to join the new dorm system U.A has implemented. As I walk to the gates of U.A, my mind stays on Ikari.

She's all I ever think about.

Looking up at the dorms, I seem to wonder if she'll like staying here. I take notice of my classmates standing infront of our dorm building, they all look glum. Everyone is here.

Everyone except my Ikari.

I lock eyes with Bakugo, him looking the worst out of everyone present— heavy eyebags under his red eyes. I'm sure I look virtually the same way, not getting more than an hour of sleep every night.

Aizawa stands infront of everyone and begins to speak, "Welcome, Class 1-A, to the new dorms." He speaks in his forever dead tone but I notice he's lacking his usual spunk.

"I'm going to say for a number of reasons, if it weren't for AllMight's retirement, you'd all be expelled." I see everyone flinch at his words.

"Going against the heroes and police and trying to save your classmate is grounds for expulsion." He then waved a lethargic hand, looking done with the topic.

"Anyway, I know things are hard right now. What, with the news about Maindo and all but I hope you enjoy staying at the dorms." Walking away, he left me questioning many a thing.

What news about Ikari?

Bakugo grabbed Kaminari and beat him up behind a bush, making everyone laugh when he went brain dead. He walked past Kirishima and placed some money in his hands, muttering something to him.

He then walked past me and grabbed me by the back of my collar, pulling me into the dorms. Confused and too tired to complain, I gave him the raise of my brow.

"Look, I'm-" he cut himself off, pushing his hands into his pockets. "I'm sorry, Icyhot." I furrowed my brows, uncertain of what he was talking about.

He clenched his fist and then walked away, leaving me confused. Did he blame himself for Ikari's unconscious state? While inside the dorms, Aizawa stood infront of the class and went to speak before Ashido cut him off.

"Mr. Aizawa. What's happening with Ikari? Is she coming back?" I felt the class flinch and this alarmed me more.

What the fuck is going on?

He bit his lip and his shoulders sagged, "I'm afraid Maindo won't be joining you for the rest of your time here at U.A." I heard Ashido break a sob and my eyes widened at his words.

"What the hell are you talking about!?" Anger and confusion tore from my lips, needing answers quick. I was desperate for them, desperate to understand.

Everyone turned to me and Midoriya muttered an 'Oh, Todoroki', everyone looking sympathetic. Sympathy? Why would they direct that emotion at me?

"Maindo is-" he cut himself off, fiddling with his hands, "She's a villain, Todoroki." Midoriya finished, my eyes widening and my heart plummeted to the depths of my soul as I ran his words on repeat.

They seemed like an echo now— my brain computing them in fast streaks of confusion. What the actual fuck is Midoriya talking about? Is he on drugs?

She's not a villain, she's the best person I know.