Untitled Part 23

Chapter 473: Driving A Wedge (4)

'What the– How... did she do that? How is this even possible?'

Kim Hyunsung, who was in front of me, was eating as if he hadn't heard anything, and above all, it was because I couldn't properly understand what was happening.

'What the hell is this?'

It was a question that hinted that she had been listening to the conversation so far.

-I asked where you heard the r-r-rumor. Oh... I-I guess you can't answer right now. I-I made a mistake. It would be quicker to meet up and ask.

'How could she hear that? No, more importantly... is she using magic?'

I didn't know all the details; I couldn't even tell what kind of magic it was. It felt even more disconcerting because I couldn't find any traces of magic power. This was even more so when I could sense that my wall of magic power being used to block out voices leaking out was still there.

I didn't even notice that someone had intervened against the blocking magic, and in reality, the magic wall was working just fine.

Theoretically, no one should be able to hear what we were talking about.

I thought it could be a unique ability or some other kind of skill, but it was quite difficult to eavesdrop on our conversation even with those kinds of abilities.

It naturally nagged me.

The voice that I kept hearing was not only a bit strange, but it was also giving me goosebumps.

'Who is it?'

I slowly looked around, curious about who was conveying her thoughts to me.

However, only a few of the party members and Kim Hyunsung were still among the remaining people.

"Kylie, is there anything making you uncomfortable?"

"No. Blue Guild Master... it's that just now..."

"Yes?"

"I- It's nothing."

'Damn. What is it, really?'

"I want to hear more about what you were saying earlier... The fact that a person named Gerhan of Hellfire and Kiyoung are hanging out..."

"As I said, he's someone of very poor quality. I thought it was a simple misunderstanding, but it doesn't seem like that when looking at your face. Do you have any concerns?"

"No. I don't have any particular concerns. Of course, I am a little worried about him in another way... he's been coming back drunk more frequently. I feel like he's been drinking more than usual. Still, he kept coming to the mock battles or joint training..."

"Then the rumors..."

"No. It can't be. Kiyoung likes to meet people, but he is well put together, so perhaps it's not what you're thinking."

"Yes. Of course, I'm just saying this out of concern. I was worried that the Honorary Cardinal might get caught up in a bad scandal... Still, he's like a pillar of the State. These rumors could hurt his image, right? It could be someone's malicious rumors. Of course, it'll also be a bit of a drag to call it a simple misunderstanding..."

"..."

"I think it's better to wait and see a bit more right now and talk to him if you get worried. It's important to solve these problems through conversation."

-C-C-Come to the bathroom. You'll be in trouble if you don't come. Y-You have to come, okay? If you don't come, I will go after you. Come, quickly.

'What the hell is this?'