Untitled Part 98

Chapter 548: The Tutorial Will Begin (2)

I couldn't be certain since I didn't have a clock, but I thought that about three days had passed at this point.

I wasn't sure, of course. I only based my calculation on how I felt. I slept about three times, so that seemed right.

'I'm hungry. Is it time to eat? How much time has passed since I last ate?'

I thought at least 8 hours had passed since then. I opened my bag and saw water and food inside it. I didn't know if I should say that I was fortunate to have these.

However, seeing that there was still a lot left, I nodded my head.

If I saved it, I could eat for ten days or more. If I ate the bread once a day a little bit by bit, maybe, I could even last 30 days.

Didn't it come out on TV or the internet? Some people survived for days with just water. Since I still had a lot of food, perhaps my situation was better than those people.

Of course, for them, they...

'There wouldn't be such things as monsters.'

It wasn't only monsters that posed a danger to my life. My situation forced people to act like monsters. People killed each other for food, and when driven into a corner, they lost their humanity and committed murder and crimes while lingering around the dungeon.

I heard people fighting just yesterday at dinner time.

More than that...

I was also a monster. I also couldn't call myself normal after ignoring so many pleas for help to escape from that Hell. As I was overwhelmed with guilt, my stomach kept grumbling.

It was at that moment when I heard voices from outside.

"I-I-Is... there a-a-anyone there?"

"..."

"P-please let me in. I am so hungry and tired. Please..."

"..."

"Please, I beg you. Please..."

I covered my ears to ignore the pleading.

"I-I think... there are some monsters around here. I beg you. Help me."

"...."

I knew that I had to help. I thought I had to help and shouldn't ignore her, but I became cold-hearted in front of survival.

'My hiding spot isn't big enough for two people to stay in. There isn't much food left, and the person might be bad. They might try to take my food away... they will definitely do that.'

"..."

"..."

I could no longer hear the woman's voice that was crying for help. She had probably given up. Or maybe she thought a person wasn't inside in the first place.

Maybe she had been talking to herself. She could've been talking to herself because she was so tired. I looked up while taking a small piece of my bread and ate it little by little.

'I can't help it.'

I couldn't help it. I wasn't sure when the Hell I was in would end, and I had to endure and survive for as long as possible. I had to be cold and even colder to survive. I could've only survived from that place because I was cold-hearted.

I pushed away cries for help into a deeper place in my heart and silenced my breathing once again. And just like that, another day went by.

I didn't just stay still. I sat still and thought because I felt like I would go mad if I didn't think. I tried opening up my status window or tried to guess what the voice I had heard was.