Untitled Part 99

Chapter 549: The Tutorial Will Begin (3)

"It's a good name."

"..."

"..."

"Anyway, we better move west. I heard that there are some survivors over there. I don't know if they will accept you or not since the atmosphere there is hard to grasp, but it's probably better than being stuck in there. You're going to run out of food at that rate."

"..."

"No, I'm not going to take him. It's already tough enough to feed the two of us alone. And I can't afford to care for another person besides you."

"..."

"He's useless. Why should we bring in someone who only knows how to run away?"

"..."

"Sigh..."

"..."

"Hyunsung."

"Yes?"

"Do you want to go with us?"

"..."

I could only bite my lips. It was because I didn't expect such an offer.

'What should I do?'

The first thought that entered my head was if I could really believe in those voices from beyond my hiding spot. I thought the person in front of me was fundamentally bad, but he didn't seem pure evil.

'If I want to get out, this is my only chance.'

If I got the courage, I could get out with just one step. However, I couldn't believe them. They were the people who took my food.

They could take everything from me after dragging me out of my shelter.

It could've been their strategy to make me feel reassured by giving back my bread and giving me a sword. They knew that I still had food. It was definitely possible.

They also said that they fought monsters. They probably didn't hesitate to wield their sword and kill people, but...

'What if they're good people?'

Even though they took away my food, didn't they give me a sword? They didn't even take away all of my food. Perhaps the guy was a unique person rather than a bad one. And even his companion seemed friendly with me somehow...

'I would just ask them a couple of things.'

If I thought that they were safe after asking a couple of questions, I would definitely get out.

"After arriving here... have you killed... any people?"

"Why do you suddenly ask that?"

"J-Just..."

"So, if I already killed someone else, you're going to remain holed up in there? In the first place, what do you think I would do if I intended to harm you? Do you think I'll tell you I've killed before? Or do you think I'll tell you that I have never killed anyone before?"

"B-But... it's still an important matter."

"It wasn't intentional, but I think I killed like three... It was my first time... But it seems that will really bother you."

"..." "You are the same, you bastard, Hyunsung. Have you heard of the law of the good Samaritan? I saw some corpses that looked pretty new on my way here. Their screams, why don't you tell me that you didn't hear them? Is there any room for excuses?"

"That..."

"I'm sure you've heard them... But you probably covered your ears and eyes and turned away from them. You ignored the screams of dying people and quietly turned a blind eye to their cries for help. That's how you survived. Do you think you're different from the people around here? Personally, I think you're trashier. You're like one of those self-justifying bastards, the ones who run away and can't choose to do anything. You're the meanest and most cowardly of them all... Do you understand me?"