Untitled Part 141

Chapter 591: Key Player (2)

"Where are you going?"

"..."

I couldn't seem to find an excuse. That was because I thought that if I said I was going to the field, he would say he would follow me.

I felt like the way he looked at me silently packing my luggage was strange, but I had no choice but to continue what I was doing for the time being.

It was a good idea to store some clothes and personal supplies in the storage bag and a simple alchemy kit as well, as I might've had to do some research work there.

I might've had some time off as well, so I took a chess set with me. It seemed like I was carrying many things, but the storage space of the infinite bag that Kim Hyunsung gave me as a gift was very wide.

In the meantime, Kim Hyunsung continued watching me anxiously.

He was so bad at human relationships that he seemed confused about what he should do at that moment. I felt as if he was judging whether he should leave or continue staring, but there was no way I would say something.

Despite having already finished preparing for the expedition, the subtle confrontation was unlikely to end.

'It would be better to just speak to him...'

I couldn't keep him standing like that. As soon as I moved my lips, his voice began to be heard again.

"Er... so... where are you going?"

'I should just tell him.'

I spoke confidently, and if I felt like he would want to follow, I'd just say no.

"I think I have to go to the field for a while."

"Are you talking about District 5?"

"Yes, I think I need to see how the recovery work of the ruined district is progressing. It seems that the damage was bigger than I thought... I'll be taking Deokgu and Hayan with me, so you don't have to worry about me."

"But... I know that you just got up. Wouldn't it be better to rest a little more...?"

"I'm healthy. There is nothing wrong with my head and with my health."

'This motherfucker, when did he start worrying about my health? Go and do some training.'

"Still..."

"It's something I have to do. Just like you spent nine months training to grow a little more."

"That's... I'm... sorry."

'No, why are you apologizing? That wasn't a mistake.'

"No, it's not something for you to apologize. I understand why you had to do it. Wasn't it important?"

'You know that it's as important as my job, right? So, let's just end this conversation here.'

"Um..."

"Me too. There is nothing more important than making sure the district recovers from the current situation. It was my mistake, and it was my job, so I want to take responsibility until the end."

"..."

"..."

"Yes, I... understand. When are you coming back?"

"Well, I can't predict exactly how long it will take, but... it shouldn't be that long."

'He's not asking to come with us.'

The preparations I did earlier seemed to work. I felt like he had a lot of things to say, but he probably just kept it to himself. It was definitely a good outcome for me.