Untitled Part 63

Chapter 513: At Lindel (4)

'Did I come too soon?'

"Well, it doesn't matter either way."

I had anticipated that Lee Jihye would prompt herself to act faster, but it really wasn't that big of a deal. Despite our lack of preparation, it wouldn't be so bad to meet her because the current situation was at least somewhat within my control.

Since the army was a complex unit with multiple segments to think about, it was harder to control than a group of people who merely had to defend.

Just as my one-to-one formation with Kim Hyunsung was not easily made, the army had to go through a long and detailed process. Of course, I had to avoid causing too much damage to the human race.

The plan's crux was for Kim Hyunsung to use up his stamina at the beginning of the battle and then for us to meet again at our promised spot for a touching reunion.

That was easy to say, yet hard to do.

As there were many unstable factors, I had to be extremely cautious. Even for me, I was worried that some parts of the plan were a bit of a reach.

However, as soon as I got closer and closer to Lindel, I became more and more reassured. The army's composition, form, and placement were all meticulously planned.

With my mind's eyes, all of those had become even more obvious to me.

'Wow, as expected of Jihye."

She matched the army perfectly towards the center of my direction.

"She knew what we were going to do. Really, it's making me shiver."

That level of foresight was expected from someone who maintained equal grounds with the top villain, which was the first masked trash. Jihye's personality was highly similar to mine. We had created many "masterpieces" together, so her foresight was not surprising to me.

However, I was surprised that not all of our thoughts were the same. As she knew what I wanted, I also knew what she wanted.

We both dispatched and gathered people we thought were fit to die and made multiple plans to minimize our allies' damage.

Places that needed to be met with strong forces were strengthened; places that needed to be passed through were left open as if they were free-passing doors. She even set up traps for demons that needed to be killed by us. It was basically a full-course feast as if to say:

'I didn't know what you wanted, so I just prepared everything.'

It was a type of situation in which she just handed a pair of chopsticks for me to go down on a mouth-watering meal. I could not stop smiling.

I was equally delighted with Kim Hyunsung's position.

Kim Hyunsung's position was probably decided on with much more deliberation.

It was obvious to me that Lee Jihye must have positioned Hyunsung there so that she could personally utilize him. However, without the Mind's Eye, his effectiveness was pretty much useless, and there were probably a lot of restrictions to her commands.

It made me almost want to cry out in pleasure just to see how she thought Kim Hyunsung could lead her to where I was. It was at that moment I knew I didn't have to worry.

'All formations should be designed like this.'

Even I was surprised by the quality of her plans. It really made me anticipate her production.

My aching mind immediately began to feel at ease. Even though I only smiled for a fraction of a second, my new assistant Ronove still seemed to have noticed it, considering she immediately appeared in my view.