Untitled Part 140

Chapter 590: Key Player (1)

"I guess he doesn't have as much valuable information as I thought."

"I don't think that's necessarily bad, though... Actually, I didn't expect much. The amount of knowledge he possesses is within my expectations."

"Should I pressure him a bit more?"

"Is there anyone else that can do it?"

"Wouldn't it be better to let the Holy sector handle this? It would be easy to hand Natalie over to the heretic interrogators. The Director of The Inquisition recently called me, saying that they wanted to interrogate the prisoners themselves. I didn't answer because I thought you wouldn't like that... However, since this matter is important, they should be eagerly waiting."

"Well... what should we do? Since it's annoying, should we just pass them over?

"I already told you everything I know. So..."

"Gosh. Up until now, you've been busy holding onto your pride. You just ruined it in just a few hours. That's why people who have something to keep shouldn't do anything like this. You're a little soft, after all. If it were me, I wouldn't have finished the situation in this way. I guarantee that both of you would've had your mouths wide open with only your heads left. I could've made you feel like you're not even alive. You must be thankful that I have mercy, right?"

"..."

"..."

"Just pass them over."

"Actually, I'm not interested in what's going to happen anymore... but I guess they should stay alive. Public executions wouldn't be bad, either... It's also been a while since we showed something like that. No, I think it would be better to let them breathe."

"If you need time to think, I'll keep them here until you decide. It seems that they're going to continue to contact us, though. Can you tell them to stop?"

"Yes. I don't think I have any more business here. Let's go."

"But, oppa–"

"Yes?"

"Why did you say it that way at the end?"

"What did I say?"

"If you had created an atmosphere and said something like, 'for the continent.' You could have made a legitimate black hole between ethical and unethical. It's such a waste that you threw away your reputation just because you wanted to make fun of his mistakes."

"I won't see him anymore anyway, so my reputation won't matter. He was annoying me. It's funny how criminal bastards think they're right to the end. Those who haven't done anything on the continent until now come and say, 'You should do this. You should do that.' And him trying to lecture me is just plain ridiculous. Hmm... Hey, Mikhail. What would you have done if you were in my position?"

"..."

"Maybe you wouldn't have even come this far. You wouldn't be able to choose anything in the middle and would have died early on... Anyway, talking any more than this hurts my mouth... Keep it up, Mikhail. I'll send you special meals sometimes, so don't lose courage. Live with it instead. Study hard, Mikhail. That's the way to go! Pff... puhaha."

"I know it's exciting, but stop teasing him. Try to be serious."

Wouldn't it be better to let the rain pour on my chest that's suffering from drought rather than caring for my reputation?

When I nodded, Lee Jihye sighed weakly.

She said that, but she looked delighted as well. Looking at her humming, it was clear that she thought the amount of information we got wasn't too bad, either.