Untitled Part 51

[Due to sudden unforeseen circumstances, we've had to shave off 20% of our teams site-wide. The 'cream of the crop' members will replace lesser qualified ones and will improve quality and upload speed for the series overall. This includes some members in RIM. (3/3)]

Chapter 501: The Cliché: Growing Soon After Collapsing (4)

I roughly expected a meltdown.

Since Kim Hyunsung had gotten hit against the wall by Limur, he no longer looked sane.

When they pulled out the troops and retreated, his eyes were out of focus, and he was in a strange state throughout their journey to base 17.

I was worried that he might have really hurt his head. However, he had no visible trauma.

'Fuck.'

As such, the candle burned on both ends even more.

One of the biggest benefits of my plan was walking on a successful path with the lovely regressor.

While I pictured a happy future where the two of us walked hand in hand, reality often disappointed. What was being shown on the screen was Kim Hyunsung, who had become a completely ruined person.

It wasn't unreasonable to feel anxious in various ways. He was breathing, but he didn't look alive at all. Those dead eyes were evident.

"Now... I'm tired..."

Nobody was talking to him, or asking him anything.

However, his murmurs continued, making him seem like a desperate patient.

If I looked at him closely, it wasn't that he had ceased to stop thinking and talking. It was akin closer to his soul being completely lost.

It would be most appropriate to say that he muttered without even being aware of it.

I had heard stories of people being so shocked that they suffered from aphasia or something like autism. However, I never thought I would actually see such a thing myself. In the first place...

'Was that such a shock?'

I thought about it. Of course, I understood.

I didn't know what Kim Hyunsung exactly thought of me, but what was clear was that he had already given me the best rating possible.

Although Kim Hyunsung was awkward in expressing himself, I could decipher that much.

It was undeniable that he cared more about me than those included in his first timeline, such as Kim Ye-ri, Cho Hyejin, and Park Yeon-joo.

Bringing me luxury bags like the Chanelia Hermes that I carried and all kinds of goods was already a famous story within Lindel. They even created such bullshit rumors that more than half of the Blue Guild Master's salary was used to give the Vice Guild Master gifts.

There was a time when he had sent me a legendary-grade skin beauty slime gel, and there was a time when he had obtained everything for me, from a healthy elixir to an unidentified wild ginseng root that was good for men.

He had also gotten me items that could be used as catalysts, as well as special grades that were difficult to find even in the black market.

In short, I had seen more gifts from Kim Hyunsung than his own face.

Of course, at first, I suspected that it might have been a result of a desire to capture talent.

However, I couldn't suspect him anymore after checking with my own eyes that the guy changed as time passed. I didn't know exactly how much, but if I were to exaggerate a little, he might have felt like my brother.