Untitled Part 96

Chapter 546: Confession (3)

"I am... I am a Regressor."

"..."

'Why are his hands shaking so much? I don't remember him having a tremor.'

I kept thinking he had a nervous face, almost like a guilty person waiting for his sentence. It looked like he was agonizing about whether or not he made the right choice to tell me.

He might've wanted to turn back time. After hearing his words, I remained silent for about 10 minutes. I showed him that I was deeply thinking about things which made Kim Hyunsung even more nervous.

I was already prepared to accept his confession, but it wasn't bad to give it a little more time while I was at it.

'I am a Regressor.'

Wow.

It felt nice to finally hear that phrase. I wondered how much he had struggled to say those words.

That was my small revenge to our lovely Regressor.

Of course, I remained silent right after hearing his confession, mostly because I thought it was better to spend time pretending to think, but I also wanted to exact a little vengeance. I began to worry that I had developed a strange, new hobby of torturing innocent people. I felt better the worse his expression eventually got.

He probably didn't expect me to respond like, 'Ah, I see. You're a regressor. No wonder there were many strange things about you, hahaha. Then, everything will be fine from now on. That's amazing. Great. As expected of you, Hyunsung.' But I was probably showing him the worst reaction that he could've imagined.

Sure enough, I saw him get up and approach me. He probably thought that he had to resolve the situation somehow quickly. Perhaps he was wondering if he should just say, 'Actually, it was a joke.'

Kim Hyunsung approached me slowly and lightly grabbed onto my shoulders.

I thought it was good to play with him a bit and slapped his hands away from my shoulders. In response, I heard a short sigh. I glanced at Kim Hyunsung to see his reaction and saw an unexplainable expression.

'Shit... I don't think I should continue to tease him.'

He looked like he had lost everything, and his expression was worse than it was in the unconscious world. I saw his pupils lose their colors for a moment. To explain it in an extreme way, he looked like he was about to hang himself.

'I can't even make a joke.'

I worried that he might suddenly enter the unconscious world. Before he could escape through the back door, I spoke quickly.

"Ah, sorry. I was just a bit surprised."

"No. I-I... I am... I... I am... the one..."

His way of talking had suddenly changed to Jung Hayan's, and his voice was growing softer while his face was being filled with fear.

He probably didn't even know what he was saying. He opened his mouth out of instinct, but his soul looked like it was already gone. However, Kim Hyunsung seemed to have recollected his mind in the next moment. Knowing he couldn't end things like that, he strengthened his mental state and hurriedly spoke.

"I can understand it if you can't believe it. I'm sure you're really surprised and shocked. But I swear with all that I have that I never intended to deceive you at all. I always thought that I should tell you, but I thought it would be hard for you to accept. I'm really sorry if I offended you in any way."

'No, Hyunsung. Why would I be offended? I am happy. Relax.'

"..."

"..."