Untitled Part 155

Chapter 605: Troubles of a Lifetime (3)

Honestly, I didn't think it would be something to be troubled about.

Of course, there were many advantages in siding with Benignore if I carefully examined each of them.

First of all, wasn't the greatest merit the fact that she had been working with me for a long time? She also agreed with the way to handle the continent's affairs and was moderately swayed when necessary.

Sometimes I could even force her to move in the direction I wanted.

We had been through lots of difficulties together so far, but whenever I thought about those events, it was so perfectly sorted out that I could say that everything went well.

If I just focused on our closeness, it wouldn't be wrong to say that I had to raise my hand to Benignore's side unconditionally.

But from a slightly different perspective...

It wouldn't be too much to think, 'is it really better to work with Benignore?'

Being close didn't make it any easier to pick a side in the industry I was in. I hadn't really grasped the goddess Nelia yet, but didn't she seem capable even at a glance?

[If you need to use more than a certain amount of divinity to influence the continent, we will inform you in advance at least. If there is anything else we can do or help, I would like to inform you ahead of time as well that we will do our best to support it. Of course, this is...?]

It was heartbreaking that Benignore was in a difficult situation, too, but wasn't everything her fault?

In the end, it was Benignore who stamped the contract with the demon, and it was also Benignore's fault that she didn't notice Lucifer's entry into the continent.

'I mean... what kind of god has a contract with a demon?... It's Benignore's fault.'

Would that be all?

I couldn't list all of them, but there were dozens of rules that Benignore had broken.

Among them, the bankruptcy case was so embarrassing that even I couldn't defend her. It was definitely her fault that she went bankrupt while borrowing divinity from another dimension.

Although she had the advantage of being relatively flexible in thinking, how could she overcome Nelia's competence?

'Was Benignore eventually stained with darkness...?'

Nelia's voice echoed in my mind, answering the question to myself.

[That's currently being checked. I can't tell you in detail, but the possibility is high... that's what the upper level judged.]

'Sigh...'

[I understand that you are heartbroken, Lee Kiyoung. You've been working together for a long time with her, after all. But sooner or later, you will be able to forget. No, I will do my best to make you forget.]

'Won't it take a long time to reform the religion?'

The work itself wasn't difficult.

It was a shame, but shouldn't I prepare to say goodbye to Benignore, stained with darkness?

It seemed like the right choice, both for Benignore and for myself.

'Believer Lee Kiyoung... Believer Lee Kiyoung...' I felt like I could hear her voice.

[A Common-grade forced quest has been activated.]

[I will... I will definitely repay you, Believer Lee Kiyoung. You... know that I love believer Lee Kiyoung, right? Y-You know I love you, right? We were good together. You're not throwing me away, right? Right? (0/1)]