Untitled Part 59

Chapter 509: A Short Break (2)

-External advisor, we have completed the withdrawal of base 4.

"Oh, thank you so much for your hard work."

-Base 7 has also been withdrawn. Hahaha.

"You've been working really hard so far."

-It's not hard work at all. Isn't it all thanks to external advisor Lee Kiyoung? In fact, we were treated like low-rankings because we were not recognized on the continent. However, this opportunity not only left a strong impression of us on humans, but we were also able to obtain good results. I even think that I've gained more achievements this time around than I had accumulated over my entire life. It's really fortunate to be able to work for you before returning to hell.

"Hahaha..."

-It was you who helped us in so many aspects.

"You flatter me too much."

-It's pretty small, but this is...

"Ah."

-I hope you can think of it as my gratitude and accept it.

"No, you don't need to do this..."

-No, this is a token of my appreciation. Haha. Just take it.

"You can't do this. Ah, I didn't do my job to get something like this..."

-Seriously, just take it.

"If you insist... ahem, I will have no choice but to do so. Thank you."

I couldn't do anything but smile. The accumulated goods were also great, but in fact, I thought the situation itself felt even more enjoyable.

The news about continued victories also continued to make me smile.

As of that day, bases 4 and 7 succeeded in withdrawing according to the scenario.

Yesterday, bases 13 and 19 retreated without issues, and at that point, I kept hearing that the project's phases were successfully being completed one after another. At this point, I even wanted to dance.

'There's nothing wrong with the old saying that the biggest enemy is indeed a stupid ally deep inside...'

After Donovan's death and the hardliners' downfall, the project itself began to work out with great success. I was surprised to see the corps' rush of success. It was like watching an eight-ton truck speed through with a broken steering handle.

The current project was definitely running toward one goal.

Although its duration was only that of a short time, I could no longer count how many crises had passed through the world. Some of the demons that stood out to me showed amazing acting skills, and the signature line 'The 27th Corps will come back again!' was also becoming increasingly entrenched in human memories.

It might have been felt like a successful battle for humanity, but there were no huge deaths for the demon faction after Donovan.

In fact, there should've been no way for demons to die permanently. It was very unlikely that they would die if they exited according to the script or chose to reverse-summon.

If the demons simply followed the script, which only aimed to leave a huge impression that would threaten humanity, then it would've been safe for them. That meant that they wouldn't have to die. Rather, they would just have a good time while raising their degree of recognition.

From humanity's perspective, victory was right in front of them, but there were indeed many unstable factors for them.

They would be able to live on, but they would always remember that the demons who had driven them into a complete corner were still alive and waiting for the right time to return.