Untitled Part 74

Chapter 524: Partial Confinement (2)

Truthfully, the past two weeks hadn't been that painful.

It wasn't like my hair had been cut off without my notice, or I only got fried dumplings for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The quality of the meals was fantastic without question, and life inside the room was likewise excellent.

I was treated beyond what I thought possible and lived a luxurious and decadent lifestyle. I couldn't even deny that the treatment made me feel good.

I didn't even have to raise my finger.

I didn't have to do anything or even move my body, for that matter. If I was hungry, I could order food, and if I needed something, I could call someone. I didn't try, but they probably would've fed me if I asked to be spoon-fed.

It was a bit suffocating, but there were some pleasurable aspects. I mean, who could dislike spending time resting in bed?

I honestly didn't dislike that I could simply lie down and read a book...

Of course, there was the suffocating feeling that I couldn't satisfy. It all felt uncomfortable that I was confined to an area, regardless of how big the place was.

And the fact that I didn't choose to stay in the room made all the difference.

For the first week, I thought it was good for me to follow what they said and didn't do anything, but after that, I began to feel a bit uncomfortable.

Yeah, I did play chess with Cho Hyejin! And ate food! And went to the sauna! Yeah! And swam! And played a lot, but it wasn't easy staying in one place for two weeks.

The problem was that the partial confinement seemed never-ending. To be honest, I didn't really care if I played for some weeks, but I was anxious about what was happening outside without my knowledge.

'Shiitt...'

I didn't know if having been confined and tortured by a demon had become a trauma, but I couldn't stand it. I didn't know what was happening outside since I was stuck in my room, but I felt anxious from the change that I noticed from the surface.

The most obvious, visible change was definitely the Lee Kiyoung bodyguards.

Yes, that was right. They were called Lee Kiyoung bodyguards. They even made a group like that.

'They are only bodyguards by name, shit.'

Even right at that moment, they were busy guarding the door. They wore the Blue Guild's insignia and called themselves Lee Kiyoung's bodyguard.

Of course, I didn't pick them out, nor had I ever appointed them as my bodyguards.

They were simply Kim Hyunsung's creations.

They were made up of two men, two women, all top adventurers, and leaders with 15 members underneath them.

I didn't know where Kim Hyunsung found them. To sum it up, Lee Kiyoung's bodyguards were made up of 4 leaders and 60 subordinates.

And if one considered the number of people employing them, it was the largest group in the Blue Guild.

I was frustrated that they gave high salaries to top adventures to uselessly guard me when they could have made great profit by sending them to dungeons.

Kim Hyunsung might have felt proud for what he had done, but it felt more like a waste of labor to me.

At that point, I wondered if I had done too much. Who knew that I would get a confinement protection card on top of a group of bodyguards?