Untitled Part 104

Chapter 554: Preparation (1)

"Of course, it might not be accurate that the fragment of the outer god had been trying to maintain the human population. I'm a bit embarrassed to say this, but the information I could access at that time was limited... Above all, considering that I was the only one left at the last moment, there is also the possibility that Jin Qing simply lied to me. Or maybe the outer god was simply fed up with managing the continent."

"When you mean the last moment...?"

"There was a time when I was left alone on an empty continent."

"What?"

"..."

"..."

"As expected... You don't remember."

"What do you mean by that...?"

"It's nothing."

Kim Hyunsung looked at me with a slightly disappointed look.

He looked as if he to tell me he wished I would remember what happened in the subconscious world. Well, it didn't matter whether I remembered or not, anyway.

It was better to leave it as a memory for Kim Hyunsung. If I told him I remembered it, I would have even more things to explain.

While continuously organizing the situation in my head, new questions and interesting parts kept popping out. It was mostly about Kim Hyunsung when he was left alone on the continent, as well as the fragment of the outer god and the mask trash's relationship.

There were quite a few things that even Kim Hyunsung couldn't fully understand, so even more questions were left unanswered.

"I think it's better for us to get up for now. You must've had a hard time listening to me all night. If you're too tired, you should go to bed for now..."

"No, the other guild members must be waiting for us. Rather than that, I would like you to tell me more about the fragment of the outer god. Why don't we go out to town and have a meal?"

"Oh! That sounds good."

'Information.'

"Any information about the outer god is okay even if it's trivial. I really want you to tell me more about it."

"Of course. It's me who would like to ask you to keep listening to me."

True to his words, he looked as if he was very happy and relieved about telling me all of it. He must've thought that he could no longer handle it just by himself and asked me for help. Right at that moment, he looked as relieved as to how he looked in the subconscious world.

He knew what was going to happen in the future, but he had no idea how to correct it, or even where to start.

I was sure that the limit of our lovely regressor's thoughts was: 'We need to grow and increase our strength. We need to become even more powerful to protect everyone.' Even though he must've drawn some conclusions of how big the threat was and how he should prepare for what was to come, it wasn't his expertise to think of strategy and plans to counter it.

His face looked so relieved that even I felt happy for him.

"First, to explain what the outer god looks like, I think it's appropriate to say they look foreign."

"Foreign?"

"Yes, it's indescribably alien. Rather than the elves and other ethnic groups that are different from us, the outer god gave us a feeling of awe that we couldn't explain. He's more like the gods who came down to the world. Of course, the outer god feels different from the other gods. If Benignore and the other gods are more like a human being, I think it would be appropriate to call the outer god a creature from a higher dimension."