Untitled Part 79

Chapter 529: I Pardon Your Sins (1)

"Did you not hear me? Bring me my weapon!"

'Woah...'

"You worthless fools! The demons have tempted you! How dare you! How dare you spout such nonsense to Holy Cardinal Lee Kiyoung! How dare youuuu!!"

'Man, why is he going so crazy?'

"No! Just bring me the demon examiner Helena!! I'm going to make her examine you fools!! I'm going to make sure that there are really no demons in those empty brains of yours."

'Pope Basel, you don't have to go to this extent. I think you can stop now.'

"It's alright, Pope Basel. You don't have to get so mad. I-I can...understand their feelings."

"Holy Cardinal..."

"They're only saying that out of their consideration of the goddess and you. I also don't feel comfortable going like this... right in front of the goddess's altar."

"What are you saying, Holy Cardinal Lee Kiyoung? There's no way the goddess would ever abandon you."

Of course, Benignore would never abandon me. It would be me who would abandon her if the need ever arose.

"Don't be like that and just go. You don't have to listen to those dumb knights who can only judge people according to their appearance."

"Don't be like that. They have their reasonings...cough."

"O-Oppa."

"The holy knights are just trying to do their job. Please...calm down. And...I want them to be the ones to escort me. I'm so grateful that you believe in me, but..."

"..."

"I'm just scared that I might cause you some harm."

At that point, I stared at the holy knights, and they began walking towards me. They looked as if they were super touched and as if they were reflecting on themselves.

One of the holy knights even bit her lips and tried to stop her tears from falling. Why wouldn't they be sad?

From their perspective, the same person lighting the empire with his brilliance was struggling against a demon's curse.

Even though they had to do their job, I was sure they all felt the same as Pope Basel.

"Pope, if you let us, we will do our best to support Holy Cardinal Lee Kiyoung."

"That's what you should do. If Holy Cardinal Lee Kiyoung gets hurt even a little bit, I will never forgive you."

"We will surely engrave that in our hearts."

They then came towards me and whispered. "We are really... really sorry... and also grateful."

"You don't have to be sorry or thankful, Holy Knight Lola."

She looked really surprised by the fact that I remembered her name. Of course, I didn't even bother to remember her name. I just read the one that came out in her description box, but she began to tear up.

"I'm... sorry."

"It's alright. I'm not bothered about it at all."

The holy knights looked troubled by their mistake to doubt the Holy Cardinal for even a fraction of a second. In their faces, I noticed they began to look determined and more reassured about me.

Was there a scene that was sadder than that?

Kim Hyunsung didn't let his guard down, and Sun Hee-young and Elena both clutched their chests and sighed. They didn't show it, but they were trying to maintain a reasonable distance from me.