Untitled Part 69

Chapter 519: Rising Light (2)

Loud ringing caused my ears to ache while the ground split unevenly. The city's ruins flew around in all directions, and my body ended up being thrown around without my control.

Under the magic's pressure, I couldn't even breathe properly– no, I couldn't afford to take a breath.

I had no opening to take my eyes away from my opponent. I couldn't even glimpse away for a moment as attacks filled with magic continued to come my way.

Crash! Craaaaash!

Even listening to the sounds was exhausting.

It had been a long time since the city became a mass of ruins, and although it might be a bit of an exaggeration, Lindel looked worse than it did from the first timeline.

It had been impacted on such a large scale that it was difficult to believe that such a catastrophe happened because of a fight between only two people. It even became hard to differentiate where the Red Mercenary's Guild House was or where the squares that Lindel's adventurers loved so much were among the ruins.

Except for the castle, which the army guarded, there was no other place to protect. And, on top of that castle, people were watching the unbelievable battle before them.

They must have realized that the battle would bring the entire war to a close.

The cluttered areas seemed to have been organized to a certain extent. Even the people that were cheering a while ago had gone completely silent.

'How much time has passed?'

I didn't have the means to keep track of it. I was too occupied. After entering the final phase, it was hard to tell how things had reached such a point.

It was probably the same for Kim Hyunsung.

He must have judged that he had to make his opponent unable to fight as he poured magic into his body. Truthfully, that sight was a bit touching. That was how desperate he seemed.

My condition wasn't that great either, but it wasn't as bad as Kim Hyunsung's.

'Ah, this bastard, seriously...'

His body had become so ragged. It contrasted his usual clean and sharp self. I wanted to end it too, but things had only dragged onto that point because I couldn't find the right timing.

The only thing that reassured me was that his eyes were still filled with faith.

I wouldn't have blamed him if he gave up, but his determination was still the same.

'Man, I'm starting to feel sorry.'

At that point, even without having a conscience, he had begun to stir my heart.

While continuing to murmur that he had to save me, he stood up again with eyes full of determination.

I saw him coming my way again. He was fast as usual, but his movements lacked sharpness. He swallowed the blood pouring out of his mouth back, and likewise, I was also getting exhausted.

The one fighting was Belial, but it was straining my body more than I could believe was possible.

My state wasn't comparable to Kim Hyunsung's because he had been breathing heavily since a while ago, but it didn't mean that I wasn't tired as well.

My legs usually hurt after walking only five hours. Considering that I had been clashing against him with all that I had, I began to think of giving up.

Craaaaaaaash!!

Kim Hyunsung had come my way again, and I thrust him away again. That exhausting pattern continued to repeat.