Untitled Part 42

Chapter 492: A Demon Must Act Like A Demon To Be A Demon (4)

Honestly, I didn't want to say anything.

On that day, the last line of masked trash Jin Qing had strongly been stuck in my mind. However, there was no way for me to escape the situation.

Since I had already gone up, I had to do something about it. This was a situation that Belial had made with consideration. It was only proper to show a passionate and glorious expression.

The demon of lies and agitation couldn't have set me on the podium for no reason. Clearly...

'Of course, he wants something out of this.'

It was also important to greet the demon legions and raise their morale. However, at that moment, I was more inclined to scrape the area where Belial would itch most.

Once again, I spoke, choosing my words carefully, and they replied with a loud shout.

-Hello. I'll introduce myself again. I am your eternal ally, your eternal friend, Lee Kiyoung, who had become this project's general manager. It's only for a short time, but I took on the external advisor position of the 27th Corps. I would like to express my gratitude to all of you who have filled the roles I needed to be filled even though I'm an outsider.

-Whoooooaaaaaa!!!

Fortunately, the atmosphere wasn't all that bad.

-We have a big task ahead of us. Yes, it's a gigantic and glorious job. It's a turning point where the 27th Corps will be able to grow further and will be able to utilize the great opportunity to leap forward. There are probably many people who have doubts about this.

-Why should you go so far? Why should you put your life and on the line for this project while doing annoying tasks? Many are wondering why we are so focused on this work, even though it can feel like a joke.

-Whhooooaaaaaaaa!!!

Most of the guys shouted this, all without thinking, but there were also guys showing positive gazes.

If Belial hadn't been looking at me happily, he would have nodded and responded to what I said. Even Donovan was applauding me, but his face still remained expressionless.

To him, all of this looked like a kid's joke, and that was the only correct way to react.

-There must be a reason behind our actions. Only when there is a justification for why we act like this can we work with a little more passion. Of course, it's stupid for such a foolish mortal to give an explanation to the demons who exalt hell, but I think that because I'm a human, there's a view that only I can see. Sometimes, the view from below can also be valuable, everyone.

-Right! That's right!

-Recently, the 27th Corps has suffered a lot. It climbed through 45 ranks and was able to get the 27th position from the 72nd. As everyone already knows, our time today is more important than ever. Depending on what the 27th Corps becomes here, it may develop or deteriorate further. The Supreme Master Belial, the ruler of all evils, has entrusted this unworthy mortal with a task. Therefore, there is one thing I want to say at this meeting! A demon is a demon... Only when he acts like a demon.

-A demon... must act like a demon to be a demon.

-Yes. That's right. A demon must act like a demon to be a demon. How do you accept that you are a demon? Have you ever thought about what a demon is?

-...

-At least I think of it like this: demons don't only massacre humans and slaughter them like pigs. Demons don't only cause great natural disasters and give pain. If they are simply using destruction and violence, then how can we find the difference between a demon and a monster?