Untitled Part 43

Chapter 493: The Twist Of The Twist Of The Twist (1)

'How the hell did this happen?'

I still couldn't believe my eyes. No matter what I thought, I couldn't help but feel embarrassed.

The situation Belial prepared proved to be suspicious, even though I had seen the war going onward with my eyes.

I played the magic hologram once again, but nothing changed.

Donovan rushed in like a mad dog with rabies. I could see him running toward the great wall with intense anger. Even though he was being penalized, a mythic-grade was still a mythic-grade.

The humans inside the wall spread magic and arrows in terror, and the siege began.

I had no doubts, believing that humanity would join forces and push Donovan out.

Before the federal soldiers' damage accumulated, I knew that the assistance of the four-nation alliance and the Republic would arrive.

Donovan's throat being cut off by Kim Hyunsung was the most beautiful death for Donovan, who would be tired after dealing against huge force, and I was 100% confident that it would be completed in a while. However...

I couldn't find Kim Hyunsung in the magic hologram even after rubbing my eyes.

Rather, what stood out was the State's main force abandoning their base and moving further inside. While Donovan had been running wild at base 41, they broke out through the siege of base 43.

At first, I wondered if they had been driven out from behind, but I quickly realized that wasn't the case.

Indeed, Kim Hyunsung had abandoned the Federation.

'Why is this bastard doing that all of a sudden?'

Although I had thought about dozens of cases, I naturally didn't imagine him using the Federation as a sacrifice.

That was because I judged that he would never leave suffering people behind because of his personality. No matter how uninterested he was in politics, he knew how much his actions would be criticized internationally.

Of course, the resulting conflict was also predictable.

I didn't really think that the regressor who had achieved the task of bringing humanity together would cause conflict on his own.

'Are you not thinking about the end-game? What will you do if you come in like this and get surrounded by Donovan's forces?'

He was really moving forward without looking behind him.

They aimed to arrive in time even if it meant disregarding other factors. The composition of the troops and the camp itself was perfect. The troops, constructed only for the purpose of breaking through, felt deformed in some way.

'There really is no escape...'

At that moment, I had realized that the plan I was imagining had become a piece of tissue.

The Continental Union– no, Kim Hyunsung had no intention of defending the base after taking it over.

He had no intention of getting stuck in a base and gathering information, and he had no intention of engaging in guerrilla warfare using the forward base, either.

What he was planning from the beginning was charging forward nonstop.

They minimized their supplies and lightened their weight as much as possible to arrive at Amera in the shortest time possible.

It couldn't be viewed as a strategy. He was only pushing the troops further into enemy territory while putting everything at risk.

He didn't even think about the situation of being caught after all the supplies ran out. I couldn't understand how Lee Jihye could agree to such a crazy plan.