Untitled Part 123

Chapter 573: Protest (1)

"From the inside?"

"It means the situation is likely to continue getting worse. I don't know if it'll be such a big problem, but they're not getting the welfare the workers deserve. The sabotage will grow stronger, and it might lead to a dramatic protest."

"Didn't you say that we had to look for a little more? Are we really on a stage that you can be sure of?"

"Yes, I'm certain. Anyway, it's undeniable that the management is a mess... It has also been confirmed that Mikhail has a problem due to the circumstances. What we lack is evidence."

"Evidence..."

"There is circumstantial evidence, but there is no solid evidence. If the pie for technicians and workers suddenly disappears, a trail would be left behind following where the pie had gone. But there's no such thing at all. It's obvious who swallowed the pie... but does it make sense we can't find him? It was cleared up so naturally that I almost missed it."

"If you feel that way, then that means he's certainly skillful."

"I don't know anything else, but the ability to hide slush funds is amazing. I'm tracking down the money as much as possible, but... I can't figure out how well the laundering was done. I thought he could open a dry cleaner business with his skills."

"He didn't seem to be someone greedy, so it's a little surprising."

It was even more embarrassing because his unique characteristic and disposition were perfectly normal. I didn't just blindly believe in the disposition shown in the status window, but some parts definitely matched.

I had overlooked the fact that even good people could commit crimes. Depending on the situation, humans could make mistakes at any time.

He probably was in an unavoidable predicament. Perhaps he had gotten an offer that couldn't be rejected, or maybe he had an urgent need for money.

'Should I say that he's skillful or stupid?'

If he had taken it out little by little, he wouldn't even get caught. He completely covered up evidence after stealing funds that could have a direct blow to the big scene.

Although the time he had was short, it wouldn't be a mistake to assume that there were almost no loopholes if even Jihye said that.

'I've always known that he's pretty skillful.'

On the one hand, I was proud that I had recognized that he was such a capable person. Of course, the problem was that he was using that ability in something futile.

"I guess I didn't pay much attention. I thought I had taken care of all the rats."

"You're not a god or anything, so how could you manage the entire continent? I don't think the problem is with you. Rather, the problem lies in the system we've created. It's a side effect of forming a Continental Protection Management Committee in a hurry and throwing funds into the project. Mikhail dug well through that loophole. In fact, I didn't expect this to happen either. I think it's not just a problem for you alone."

"Still..."

"You don't have to blame yourself. It was out of our reach, and who would have known about this? Anyway, personally, I'm so curious that I can't stand it. I'm curious about why, and I'm even more curious about where the money has leaked. Even if I look at his history, I can't find any trails, which makes it even more surprising. Of course, I haven't dug into it properly yet..."

"Do you think the results we need would eventually come out?"

"If it doesn't come out on its own, I have to force it. The best thing is to figure out the movement, but I don't think it's bad to have a backup plan either. We don't have to measure things with a headache if we did that. If we run and cause his head to explode, everything will be solved. Of course, if that's the case, there's a high possibility that he's also preparing for the prosecution summons or the continental state audit. It's best to do it formally if you don't want any rumors to come out... What would you like to do? Would it be better to take the time to respond? Or should I just blow it up?"