Untitled Part 156

Chapter 606: Troubles of a Lifetime (4)

[Really?]

"Not yet. You're not a sinner yet... For now, I'll have to go to the field. It seems like this has been roughly settled..."

[D-Don't go. Believer Lee Kiyoung... don't go. You have to stay here. Where the hell are you going to go? What would I do if I get investigated again?]

"What do you mean? Get rid of them by saying you can't answer until your lawyer comes. And they won't come back that fast. It's already been reported to your supervisor, and it will take some time until the entrance is cleared from above, so rest assured and just focus on your work. You already know that, right? You were watching it during Ito Souta's case too."

[You're not trying to throw me away, right? Right?]

"Why would I do that at this point? We're on the same boat now. Anyway, even if you're far away, we still have a way to communicate. I spent more time here than I thought. I need to get back to work as fast as I can."

I said that, but her anxious face was still bothering me.

This felt a little bit awkward to say, but her expression seemed to match a typical criminal's face. She had a look that could never come out if there was nothing to feel guilty about.

It was funny to look like that while surrounded by light, but unfortunately, I wasn't in a situation where I could just laugh. Was she anxious for the silence that came to the hall for a moment? Benignore spoke once again.

[S-Still, can you stay here for a bit? I have to come up with a countermeasure... There are many things to be discussed in

"Then, let me ask you this. What the hell happened?"

I asked that, but I felt my conscience getting stabbed as soon as the words came out. I already knew that Lucifer's holy sword itself was the problem.

However...

'I don't think that's exactly the case, considering Nelia didn't mention the holy sword...'

If there were anything wrong, she would definitely have mentioned it. I wasn't certain, but the contract with the demon was the biggest problem for them.

'Right. How could you sign a contract with a demon?'

Benignore seemed a little nervous about my question.

As I rushed her to tell the story, she finally spoke, albeit carefully.

[A-Actually, the problem wasn't caused by the cursed sword.]

"Really?"

[Yes... Believer Lee Kiyoung is not on our side yet, and you're a human in the position to be active on the continent. In our case, we can't exercise our physical power over you. It's not a problem that you're close to Belial or Lucifer... Of course, if you go too far, you will be judged as the Demon King, and we will send out the holy sword or a warrior...]

"What?"

[Naturally! We wouldn't do that! Who would dare think of Lee Kiyoung as the Demon King?! In the end, everyone knows you're with us! You don't have to worry about that!]

'...'

[In this case, too, you fell into Lucifer's twist... so the problem is...]

"Tell me."

[It became a problem primarily... because I didn't notice...]

"Yeah? Is it just that?"

Of course, a large secondary problem broke out in a series after that, but I couldn't help but be embarrassed that the initiation itself was just that.