Untitled Part 20

Chapter 470: Driving a Wedge (1)

"Cheers!"

"Cheers!"

'They've gone nuts, haven't they?'

It was already the fifth meeting by now, and considering that only five days had passed since we came there, it was disconcerting that we already had five dinner parties.

'They're amazing. Amazing.'

I was having fun, eating, chewing, biting, and enjoying, but I was also getting sick of having that much fun.

I had been waiting for Kim Hyunsung to open his mouth, but I was even starting to wonder whether I should start to move first at that point.

Almost all the continent's powers had been gathered, meaning it had already been five days since we had started this useless training.

I felt worried at first, but when I noticed that Kim Hyunsung wasn't rushing over to me right away, I realized that we still had some more time.

It seemed that he decided that it would be better to do something by himself rather than talking about a sensitive subject.

'Do as you want. Then see if it'll work as you thought.'

In fact, I could've sneakily talked about Benignore and heard about the upcoming threat, but I didn't want to bring it up first.

That was because I thought it was a bit more natural if he came to me first. There were also a lot of advantages in many ways to that. I didn't want to give up the advantage that I could ask questions first, not him.

While I was lost in thoughts for a moment, I started to hear a loud voice around me.

"After all, the beer you drink after sweating seems to have a special taste, doesn't it, Honorary Cardinal Lee Kiyoung?"

"Yes. It does. Haha. It seems that I'm in a better mood being with such good people. Gosh... I never thought that a day like this would come. Who would have known that the entire continent could have been so united?"

"Tell me about it. I would like to send even a greeting of thanks to those who helped the continent to become one."

'Wait, what?'

"Your glass is empty. Get another drink, Honorary Cardinal."

"Thank you. Jamilla."

"I only heard about you through rumors... I really wanted to meet you. You're so far away that it wasn't easy for me to visit, and the diplomatic relations between the State and our kingdom had been cut off. Really, it's an honor to meet you like this."

"The honor is mine. In fact, if I had known there was a beautiful woman like Jamilla, I would have visited first."

"I know you're just being polite, but thank you."

"It's not empty words. I'm just telling you how I truly feel."

"I see some strange tension between you. I wonder if you two will disappear somewhere tonight."

"Gerhan too... you're so naughty."

As I looked around in the pleasant atmosphere, I could see all the people who were in a hurry to waste time again.

'Kim Hyunsung is the one who should've had seen this.'

Most of them were in charge of each kingdom's leading guilds, but their peculiarity lay in the fact that none of them was normal.

Hellfire's something and Iron-Blood something, their nicknames or class names were huge, but just a few of them lived up to their names. Most were just ordinary trash, especially the behavior of the woman named Jamilla sitting next to me.