Untitled Part 90

Chapter 540: Kim Hyunsung vs Park Deokgu (2)

He still had his bad habits. I couldn't help but laugh as I thought about it.

I knew that when he was fixated on something, he insisted on it, but because I hadn't seen him do that for a while, I forgot about it. It was like he had just snuck an attack like an assassin.

'This bastard...'

Of course, I couldn't choose the spear just because of some incitement.

It had enough attack power, but Kim Hyunsung had Durendal that could surpass the Spear of Longinus. It was one of those items that could instantly give him a sense of power.

In addition to this, there was no more room for growth for Durendal since Kim Hyunsung had said that he couldn't draw out all the power that his sword had. We didn't have to take a spear that we couldn't even use.

'Then, who is going to use it?'

If we looked all over the empire, perhaps we could find its owner, but they wouldn't certainly be anyone connected to us. It was also true that it would be regrettable if we picked Cho Hyejin since her polearm skills were a bit lacking.

I didn't want to disregard her, but I didn't think that she could use a Myth-grade item freely.

It wouldn't be a bad choice if Kim Hyunsung could use the item, but there was no reason why he would pick a spear when he already had the Durendal.

"No, for now, the Purification Ring is more..."

"No! It definitely has to be the spear! I don't know why but I really have this feeling."

"I understand what you're saying, but it is only right to relieve Kiyoung-ssi some of the burdens as fast as we can. We can do that using this Breech's Purification Ring!"

"Why can't you trust Hyung-nim's words? It definitely has to be the spear! In the first place, it doesn't even make sense to leave a spear that can pierce through anything."

"If conditions are right, it is possible to have a similar effect. Of course, that spear is not bad, but logically speaking, the purification ring is better."

"I believe in Hyung-nim. There won't be another incident like that. The spear!"

"It's not that I don't believe in Kiyoung-ssi. I just think we should close a problem like this. We should go for the ring."

"The spear!"

"The ring!"

"Spear!"

"Ring!"

"Speeeeeeeaar!!"

"Ring!!"

"Speeeeeeeaaaaar!!!"

"Ri-!"

"-SPEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!"

'Park Deokgu, you bastard.'

It was as if the scuffle that I saw in the tutorial dungeon was continuing.

I remembered how I had screamed at that moment to use dark magic, making me think that the spear was a bad choice more and more.

If we used dark magic, we could've gotten a pretty good result but nothing like what we currently had.

Having listened to Kim Hyunsung's recommendation to be an alchemist was a stroke of genius and was the best choice that I could've ever made.

'Even though it was a bit hard...'

We had definitely succeeded in improving the quality of the entire army on the continent. Of course, I had also personally succeeded as the individual, Light Kiyoung.