Untitled Part 145

Chapter 595: Eraser in my Head (2)

"I don't know what you're talking about..."

"..."

I actually didn't understand what she was talking about.

She appeared out of nowhere and mumbled about me losing my memory, so how could I?

It was only natural that I couldn't control my expression. It was very brief, but when I looked at Cho Hyejin with complicated feelings and all sorts of embarrassment, she began to look even more serious.

'Why is she so serious?'

Was she playing a game without my knowledge? Or was she doing a prank?

However, with her personality that made her hate cheap jokes, there was no way she would be kidding around like that. Most of all, I was very concerned about her face filled with sincerity.

She wasn't acting either. How could I not notice that her ambiance that was full of worries?

I instantly realized that something was going on without my awareness.

When I was perplexedly speechless, she seemed to have been convinced that her suspicions were right.

"There is no need to hide it, Vice Guild Master."

"No..."

'Fuck, I really don't know what you mean.'

"Exactly when did the symptoms start?"

"I really can't understand what you're talking about... You seem to be misunderstanding something... It's not a big deal, so let's just move on. Isn't it funny to say that I lost my memory, that I lost my mind just because I've was forgetful a few times? You shouldn't waste time here. Join the party and do your thing. Suddenly spouting nonsense like that..."

"Vice Guild Master. That study log, you were reading it a while ago. Were you aware?"

'No, I know... so, what are you saying?'

"No, this is because I wanted to take a look at it again."

I shook my hand and made a gesture telling her to leave, but Cho Hyejin didn't answer. Rather, she was sticking to the attitude that she would never leave the place until I told her the truth.

'Fuck... What the hell? This is because of the Doom state, isn't it?'

The longer I stayed in the Doom state, the more my mind would get burdened, and the guild members knew that. It was also expected that I would have short-term memory loss...

After all, wasn't I the one that came up with it when I introduced the Doom state concept?

It was a kind of a gimmick wherein I couldn't remember anything about the unconscious world or what happened while I was in Doom state. However, I was sure I hadn't shown that off after.

With the concept that the penalty could be reduced as much as possible by receiving the Goddess's blessing, I appealed that the Doom state would be beneficial in the end.

The party members didn't seem to have any great doubts about Benignore's radiant light.

Above all, it would be natural for them to be relieved that there were no accidents the past year.

Although I recently had been in Doom state once, I couldn't remember causing anything to warrant being pressured by the feeling of being interrogated.

Of course, I frowned and grabbed my head as if it was hurting, and I said I didn't remember the difficult situation. To be honest, I used it a little bit, but I couldn't even imagine that I would suddenly be treated as someone carrying an eraser in my head.