Untitled Part 70

Chapter 520: Rising Light (3)

"You've really... suffered a lot."

I didn't know what else to say. Kim Hyunsung was as emotional as a 15-year-old middle schooler right then, and I felt embarrassed for him.

I wondered what should be my very first line after waking up.

Should I act as if I remember everything that had happened, or should I act as if I didn't remember anything? If I went with the first scenario, I would have to act out an intense crying scene, as if I was filled with intense guilt.

Of course, I was an attention seeker, and the crying scene was necessary, but I didn't necessarily have to act so emotionally right at that moment.

'I guess I will do that scene 3 days later, whatever.'

Right then, I had to act as if I could not fully understand my present situation.

'Yes, this is right. This is how I should do it.'

Before I took full advantage of the situation, I should let them taste some semblance of victory.

When I looked at the sky, it was already slowly darkening.

I already saw the light beam out from Kim Hyunsung, but I wasn't able to see the clear, blue sky. It was probably the result of Kim Hyunsung and Belial's fighting. I looked at the beauty of the sky in awe.

And what about the twinkling lights slowly falling from the sky? It looked as if it was a gift of celebration from the heavens.

In addition to this, in the center of it, Kim Hyunsung stood with tear-filled eyes.

He looked as if he would burst into tears at any moment, and hundreds of emotions were visible in his eyes. Even before I opened my mouth, I felt a prick of guilt.

He stood still with his hand outstretched as if everything was over, as if there was no longer any need for me to wander in the darkness.

He probably didn't know how his blood-covered face would be reflected in other people's eyes.

Even his handsome face couldn't cover how wretched he looked. It made him look even more wretched in comparison. Half of his face was covered in blood from injuries, and he couldn't even open one eye.

The same could be said for his body. There was not an inch that remained unscathed.

As I got closer to him, I could see just how bad his state was.

I wasn't in good shape either. However, due to Belial's mana protection, my appearance was on the decent-looking side. Despite all of that, Hyunsung only worried about me. It felt as if my hard work paid off.

'This bastard should quickly get treated...'

"Is your b-body all-right?"

"Am I...what...?"

"Do you know who I am?"

"What... is happening...?"

"We should make sure you aren't hurt anywhere..."

'Dude, take care of your body first.'

"Are you able to stand up?"

I slowly nodded, and he helped me get back on my feet. After scanning my body carefully to see if I was hurt, he let out a sigh of relief.

It was great timing to share a hug of friendship, but it seemed as if he was concerned about the blood and filth on his clothes.

However, the hand he reached out revealed his intense emotion.