Untitled Part 111

Chapter 561: Spreading Seeds (1)

"S-so suddenly. W-Wh-Why?"

"Well, it's hard for me to say this too, but I think it's time for you to focus some more on your studies..."

"..."

"You know why I'm being like this, right?"

"Y-Yes. O-of course... Of course, I know. I know for sure."

"It's been busy so far, but it'll become even busier in the future. We can't repeat what happened with the 27th Corps."

"Yes... F-For sure...we can't let that happen."

"I also really want to be next to you every day, but I think it will be more helpful not to see each other until you've made some progress. We have to be prepared and move again. If we don't do that, it'll only get harder. It's going to be difficult for the both of us... but you understand, right?"

"..."

"..."

Her body was visibly shaking.

I also grew nervous. It felt like it had been such a long time since she entered her half-crazed state. I had already made a diagnosis of Jung Hayan, but she could always act unpredictably.

However, perhaps, if it was the current Jung Hayan...

"I-I, I understand... Yes. I'll try to under...stand."

I looked at Hayan again, and she looked as if she was trying to stop her tears from falling desperately. She was putting as much strength as she could in her eyes to stop her tears while clutching her fists tightly. She trembled as if she was a phone buzzing as well.

She seemed as if she was trying to keep calm, but her flinches kept making me feel nervous.

'Saying that I'm getting a 7-year itch won't be such a bad idea either...'

However, I didn't want to give her too much damage right at the beginning. Just saying that 'it might be hard for us to meet each other' was enough to cause a huge effect on her.

Although it was a necessary emotion for Jung Hayan's growth, it made me nervous about the possibility that, if I gave her such big damage like a breakup, she might start causing havoc.

I didn't think it would be likely, but I was worried that she might make the same choice as she did in the First Timeline in the tower...

Even saying 'let's not meet for a while' was enough to set her off.

It was much safer to loosen the leash slowly than to release it all at once. If I mentioned that I was having a burnout or a 7-year itch, I couldn't imagine what would happen...

Everything could be ruined.

I had to make sure that all of Hayan's anger would be directed towards the demons and the enemies against humanity.

"B-Bu-But..."

"I think I might head north as early as this week."

"What? This week?"

"Yes, I'm sorry I didn't tell you in advance. It was decided so suddenly, and I didn't know either...The construction of the forward base is going to begin tomorrow. I have a plan, but I think I should at least take a look around the country. Many people are confused there, and I have to be the one to reassure them. I might be helpful."

"I can study there, too... I can even teleport. It could be m-more... more comfortable for you."

"But you have work to do here."