Untitled Part 54

Chapter 504: What He Wants (2)

"That's why you're in denial."

"I'm not. You may not know it yet, but... no human being is truly alive. If you go out tomorrow, you'll probably see it with your own eyes. This is happening not only in Lindel, but also in Celia, the Republic, and the United Kingdom... You probably won't even be able to find the other races."

"And you're telling me that...?"

"I understand that you had just come to your senses, so there are many parts that are difficult to understand in many ways, but.... I can explain everything. Actually, it's something I had to explain a long time ago, but.. for now... yes, I will be able to tell you everything step by step, but also as fast as possible. Let's take a little rest for now."

"So..."

"It may be difficult, but for the moment, be at ease..."

'Be at ease, my ass, you master of escape from reality.'

It was in that instant that I realized that whatever I said wouldn't work.

I felt like he had decided to accept the current situation as it was. It was so ridiculous that I couldn't help but laugh.

It felt embarrassing to think about living sincerely on a perished continent where there were just the two of us. It seemed that he was not even concerned with the current situation.

He thought that those ruins were better than what he was going to face.

'What is he so scared of, this bastard...?'

It didn't make sense for him to try to deceive himself while doing that. To be honest, it was a little creepy.

If Hyunsung were aware that the space we were in was the unconscious he created, it would've had a high probability that he was aware that he created me as well. He seemed to think that this was a one-man show.

I thought he might have known that I had infiltrated, but according to Ronove, it would be hard to notice.

Had he known that I wasn't an illusion he made in that place, but that I was really Lee Kiyoung, he wouldn't have tried to confine himself in such a form and in such a way that turned himself away from the truth.

'Do you have to go this far, Hyunsung'?

I thought I had given him enough time to rest, but it seemed he still wanted to rest some more.

No, at that moment, he was currently leaving everything to fate. I knew his situation was serious, but not to this extent.

I even thought if it would be right to swing a fist right at that moment.

However, it was still unpredictable how he would react because of his unstable mental state.

One thing was certain. I had to remind him once again that what he was seeing was not real.

It didn't matter if he knew about it or not. Once more, I had to convey it through someone else's mouth.

'How much time do I have left?'

Three days in that realm was an hour in reality.

Of course, I didn't intend to use up all three days. I was anxious about what kind of shit an agitated Park Deokgu had been planning to do.

For the time being, it wouldn't be bad to play along with him.

I didn't know if he actually could taste the drink, but when he drank a glass without saying anything, the way he talked was unlike him. Most of them were useless and empty stories.