Untitled Part 89

Chapter 539: Kim Hyunsung vs Park Deokgu (1)

At a glance, it was a pitiful expression. It seemed to say, 'Why am I the only one...?'

He might have really thought that. Even Elena and Han Sora had their hands in fishing after finishing their meals and cleaning up.

Even Kim Chang-ryul, who came down to rest for 10 minutes and fished, had caught something before he went back up.

"I think this is pretty fun."

When Kim Chang-ryul said those words before he went back up, I saw Kim Hyunsung's eyes start to shake.

He seemed to wonder why he was the only one who couldn't get anything. The current atmosphere and surroundings, including Park Deokgu, must have also contributed to his bitterness.

"Wow, the feeling on your hand is amazing! I had fished plenty of times before, but I had never felt anything like this. It feels as if a fish had really bitten the bait!"

Park Deokgu's words must've especially hurt him.

"Everyone probably felt it, but I'm not lying!"

Heartbreakingly, Kim Hyunsung had not felt it yet.

"Oh my god, I think another one bit! It came! It's a catch! A catch!"

Yet another one took the bait.

"This is why we fish!"

"It's more fun than I thought it would be."

"I think another one came for you too, Hee-young-nunim! Try lifting it!"

"Ah!"

"It came for me too!"

"It feels sweet. I think it's something huge again!"

'Stop it, you bastard...'

I could understand how he was having fun, but he couldn't read the atmosphere. It was almost cute how the usually perfect Kim Hyunsung was silent at that moment.

I couldn't help but be bothered that only he was quiet while everyone was having fun.

Only Cho Hyejin seemed sympathetic to him and tried to support him with several things, but there was still no progress.

After hours of silence, it seemed that Kim Hyunsung's mind was getting eaten away.

Then, I saw him slowly move from his spot as if he thought he wasn't catching anything because of his location.

He threw the fishing rod again, but the situation was the same.

"Only Hyunsung-nim seemed to have not caught anything."

"..."

"Oh, don't be too impatient. Some people naturally don't have fishing luck. That's probably the case."

"I understand."

"You never know. Maybe you will be able to catch a big fish... But today's winner will be King Deokgu, the fishing king. I think I can catch one more Myth-grade item... There you go! Here we go again!"

"..."

Kim Hyunsung now started to look resentful, and I felt surprised to see that side of him.

It was surprising to see him obediently follow our tour guide, Park Deokgu, and his trip, but that was also another surprising side to him that I was seeing.

He continued to look at the people who kept catching items and pondered what the problem was. He seemed to have been too stubborn and prideful to ask Park Deokgu for some tips.