Untitled Part 95

Chapter 545: Confession (2)

'Okay, now this is it. I did it.'

I clenched my fist, seeing his nervous yet determined face.

Kim Hyunsung looked so touched that the insecurity on his face began to fade away.

I didn't know what exactly he was thinking, but after seeing his expression change, I disguised my excitement by sipping on my wine. Based on his perspective, I had no memory of what happened in his subconsciousness. That was because, unfortunately, I suffered from aftereffects.

It must've been a dramatic development for me to repeat the same words that had touched him so much before with an expression as if I was saying it for the first time.

I bet he was floundering in a sea of emotions. Although I didn't remember anything, he probably believed that I would feel the same way and think that I definitely believed in him. I was sure that his guilt would have shaken his mentality, too, urging him on even further to have the following thoughts:

'I have to say it. I have to confess.'

'If I hide any more secrets, it would be betraying Kiyoung-ssi. I have to confess today, right now.'

Even I thought I might've been a bit evil towards him. How could I not rejoice in harvesting a fruit I had taken so long to care for? I was sure that Kim Hyunsung's mental state was currently like an 8-ton truck with a broken handle or like a bitcoin at the peak of its' success.

He had nothing to stop him now. At that point, I was sure that he was having a hard time keeping his secret to himself.

'Reveal it. Reveal it.'

"Yes... it was like that. Kiyoung-ssi, you are... always... yes."

"What?"

"No, it's nothing. Nothing at all..."

'Yes, Hyunsung. Fuck, that's how you're going to reveal it.'

"Wait... there's a place I would like for you to come with me."

'The time has come. The time has come!'

"Where..."

"I know it's a little sudden, but there's a place I want you to come with me. I also have something I want to say to you there."

"..."

There was no turning back at that point, but he looked nervous. His voice was trembling a little.

I got up with an expression as if I didn't know anything, and likewise, he got up after paying for the bill. We walked slowly outside, and soon after, we saw how dark it had gotten.

A few night lights lit up the streets, but the streets were much darker compared to Lindel.

Thanks to that, I was able to see the stars much more clearly in the night sky. The atmosphere was nice, and I began to wish that calm music would play as background music.

"Where are we headed?"

"It's not far from here."

"..."

'Did this punk live in this area before?'

He was moving outside of the city, but it didn't seem like he was moving towards Lindel.

I thought we were moving towards a place that held the most memories, but it seemed as if he prepared other places as well.

'Is this bastard playing around to buy time?'

No, I didn't think so. His footsteps began to slow down, but it seemed as if he had already made up his mind. Sure enough, I could see that he was slowly building up for his big reveal, and he began to speak with an uneasy expression.