Untitled Part 151

Chapter 601: Way to Overcome (2)

"What does that mean? Are you talking about Hyung-nim?"

The large pig definitely had good timing. He asked obnoxiously as if he already knew everything and to just tell him the story.

"I am healthy. I'm really fine now." I insisted. I then looked at Cho Hyejin's reaction to what he said.

"That's what you think. You were passed out for four days this time, so that says something... there are definitely some aftereffects. Even if you say that your body is fine, you still fainted. If that is not enough proof, what would be? I couldn't speak because I hadn't had a chance... but you need to pay more attention to your health."

"I have already been fainting since before... and I keep saying that it has nothing to do with that power. In fact, I feel like I've gotten a little bit healthier recently... I just feel a bit tired physically. It's been a while since I've felt other side effects..."

"What I'm saying is that your head may feel that way, but your body may not. That's how the human body works. When I was young, I had an uncle that lived next door who was very healthy, but he suddenly came down with some kind of illness, and then three months later he crossed the Jordan River."

"... ..."

"I'm saying this for everyone. It would be better to pay attention to your health in advance. Shouldn't you all live until you're pooping on the wall? And my weak Hyung-nim is the one that worries me the most.... I'm just saying this because it came up... but are you really okay?"

"Helena and Heeyoung said that there was nothing wrong with my body, but why do you keep–"

"I mean, it's just because I thought that it might be possible. What other meanings would it have? It's also weird to overreact like this... Aren't you really hiding anything?"

'No, I'm saying I'm not, you bastard.' I thought crossly.

It was quite the spectacle to see him pushing forward so hard with a far-fetched argument without any evidence. Nevertheless, was it only my imagination that I felt like I couldn't refute?

Looking around, I noticed everyone listening to Park Deokgu's words. Jung Hayan seemed to already be having bad thoughts; I could see her holding back tears. Yuno Kasugano was also looking at me with a questioning face, and Han Sora was biting her lip hard. She must be thinking about what would happen if something were to happen to me. If it was revealed that there was something wrong with me, she would receive the most damage... so, wouldn't it be just natural to have such a reaction?

In the meantime, I could see Cho Hyejin's pupils shaking. She was deep in thought. I didn't know if she was debating whether or not to speak out from the beginning, but I felt like she was falling for the moment's temptation. Seeing her trying to ride in the atmosphere created by Park Deokgu, I was naturally getting cold sweat.

There was no problem if Yuno Kasugano, Park Deokgu, or Han Sora would know about it, but if Jung Hayan were to hear about it, I was scared of what her reaction would be. The newbie black wizard was already praying with both hands together, and Jung Hayan was clutching me with an impossibly strong grip.

'Hyejin... do not do that.' I pleaded to her in my mind.

Was this what Ito Souta and Jin Qing, who had entrusted their fates to me in the past, felt? I had to look at Cho Hyejin with my eyes full of sorrow. When I gave her a look that said that I could endure it alone, not to speak out and that I was causing trouble to the Blue Guild members, I noticed her avoiding my gaze.

I started to wonder if my short dream would end like this before Cho Hyejin slowly began to speak.

"... No. I didn't mean it that way."