Untitled Part 122

Chapter 572: Mikhail (4)

[Mikhail]

'How much does he know? Why did he call me here?'

I couldn't stop thinking of bad situations.

'He's like the devil. No, even saying that he is the devil incarnate is being too soft.'

He had eyes that seemed to see through everything, smiles that seemed to know everything and words that seemed to have hidden meanings.

Reflecting on what had just happened, my body naturally began to shiver. Thanks to the resistance group, I knew what kind of personality he had and his effects on the continent.

No, in fact, I might have known the truth even before I met the resistance group. Otherwise, they wouldn't have contacted me. As much as the resistance group risked their lives, I also risked my life.

I thought the work would be difficult, and I also knew that if I acted against him, only criticism and insults would follow me. However...

"Sigh..."

Everything was worse than I imagined. He had said, 'Please say hello to your workers... Please invite your wife as well next time, haha.'

It was a threat. I didn't know what the chairman knew, but it was definitely a threat.

'I know what you're doing and what you can do. If I had doubted your ability, I wouldn't have put you in such an important position. I left it up to you because I thought you would do the work I entrusted to you properly by yourself.'

However, I doubted that the resistance group knew exactly what to do, as well as what they could do. According to them, ever since the Blue Guild got scattered, they were never caught even once, yet I doubted that since the Blue Guild's influence had already spanned across the entire continent.

'No, the existence of the resistance group couldn't have possibly been found out just yet.'

As closely as Lee Kiyoung and his people were keeping an eye on the current situation, no traces of our organization could possibly be found. However, if not, I didn't understand why they said those things.

If Lee Kiyoung, the chairman of the committee, was unaware of the resistance group's existence and purpose, his words might have been entirely directed towards himself.

It was a warning to the workers that the site wasn't being properly managed, and it was a threat for them to deal with the current situation as quickly as possible.

I thought he was saying that he would give us another chance. Maybe it was the last chance. No, in the first place...

'Will he even give us a chance?'

Considering that those who opposed him all somehow disappeared, maybe he was waiting for something like that to happen to us.

Sending me back was to mock us, and it might have been for his little enjoyment. Maybe, he wanted to see the person whom he would kill with his own hands soon. I wasn't certain, but I couldn't completely erase that possibility. After all, I could tell what type of person Lee Kiyoung was from his past actions.

Ex-Blue Guild executives, the emperor and queen of the empire, the swordsman and the Republic's army that were called devil worshippers, the demon summoners in Raios, the undead incident in the Republic, the 27th Demon Corps incident, and many other unidentified deaths.

He never yielded or showed mercy to his enemies.

'I'm not afraid of losing my life.'

I wasn't afraid to die. I didn't have any fears about death, but...