Untitled Part 87

Chapter 537: Hidden Piece (4)

"Outer God."

"Huh?"

"The gods you probably saw were gods from a different realm."

"How do you know...?"

"I read it a very long time ago, in an ancient record. I don't know exactly...but this word naturally appeared inside my mind. Were you able to see their form?"

"No. I couldn't see them well...it was hard even to say that their forms were human. I don't really understand what I saw. The only thing I'm certain about is that what I saw was bigger than I could possibly imagine."

"..."

"..."

'Fuck, what even is an outer god?'

At this, I tapped my leg in irritation. Gods from a different realm... I felt taken back that such a piece of significant information came out of nowhere.

'What the heck? So what the hell is it?' was the only thought I had.

It was already surprising that we were inside of a wormhole. At that moment, an outer god also popped out of nowhere. Everyone looked shocked at what just happened.

As expected, the most talkative fat pig was eager to speak up.

"I thought gods were like the head figures of the empire. What the hell do outer gods mean...? If they're different from gods like Goddess Benignore and Goddess Elune, then what did Hee-young-nunim see?"

"As I told you, I didn't have a clear view of it."

"It feels as if too much information is being thrown at us, so I can't understand what just happened at all. Does that mean there are gods outside the ordinary realm we know?"

"Yes, I think that is a strong possibility. From the ancient record I read, it said that outer gods are deities that weren't included in any other records."

"Not included in any other records?"

"One thing that I can be certain of is that... they are probably not friendly towards us."

"Yes, Guild Master. I don't know why exactly, but they don't seem to want to establish diplomatic relations with us. To be more precise, they seem uninterested in us, but I'm not sure if that's even the right way to describe it."

'Not included in any other records...'

There was a high possibility that even Kim Hyunsung didn't know about them either.

The information given to Kim Hyunsung by Benignore and Altanus was restricted as much as possible. Hence, he probably didn't know much about the matters regarding the upper realm.

Even if the outer god knew something...

'They most likely won't say something in this kind of atmosphere.'

But since I knew how the empire was running, there were some suspicious circumstances.

If the outer gods had never been recorded in other scriptures, the most rational conclusion was...

'Is it a god who hasn't been assigned to a dimension or planet in this realm?'

It was a logical hypothesis, but it didn't explain why a wormhole was there to control dimensions and why the empire was floating around.

I was sure the dimension wasn't made in vain. I didn't know how exactly the wormhole was made, but everything was being driven by an enormous system.

The so-called gods were basically salary-workers working for a department that supervised reviving and developing their dimension, and they earned based on their performance.