Chapter 419: Begging for Death (1)

“These beasts are odd,” Li Mei said as he observed the rampaging beasts.

“They also smell like humans,” Li Fei said thoughtfully.

“Because they are,” Li Haoran’s eyes darkened. He had heard of the rumors in the alchemist guild, but they couldn’t find proof.

“That’s abominable and purely evil!” Li Fei cried angrily.

“It’s Liu Yi’s doing.” At this time, a cute little girl with bat wings appeared, her face covered with the same golden mask that popped up on Li Fei’s face, shocking him dearly.

“Wang ling, stop playing around and do your job,” Mo ling sighed.

“Yes, yes,” Wang Ling pouted as she flew midair.

Li Haoran raised his brows as another woman with a golden mask followed by two others with plain black masks.

“Prince, give us your orders.” Yan Shi and Yan Sha kneeled upon seeing Huang Jian.

“Rise, you two can do as you please. Miss Xue will be giving orders this time.” Huang Jian waved his hands.

“We understand his highness,” the two said.

Li Haoran discreetly observed them. He then realized the order of their ranks, and he was even more surprised that those two pipsqueaks were highly ranked.

“Master, so those two little guys have higher ranks than them?” Li Fei couldn’t help but say in a small voice.

“Obviously,” Li Mei eyed him weirdly.

Miss Xue, we await your orders.” Mo Lin and the others look at "Miss Xue, we await your orders." Mo Lin and the others look at Xue'er.

“I’ll leave tactical deployment to Shan'er and Shier; the rest of you should deal with these beasts.” Ming Yu Xue frowned. Xing er was holding little Zi Mo safely, but no one could see them or get near them as they were inside Cheng Shi’s domain and the pumpkin garden was activated, plus there were arrays around them.

With the sound of gongs on both sides, the battle commenced. Just at this moment, Du Hua and Qing Yu’s figures appeared together with the fair maidens.

“Miss Xue, we shall be providing you support as the master ordered,” Du Hua bowed.

“Do as you please.” Ming Yu Xue smiled as she led the war song; she appreciated Yu Yu’s support.

“Cling! Cling! Cling!” The fair maidens followed her rhythm, and Du Hua and Qing Yu were in charge of guarding them from physical attacks.

It wasn’t long before the vicinity was filled with music as though it were breaking the heavens. Their musical artifacts were amplified several folds by an array, so they were really loud and booming, even louder than the drums.

Shan Shan’s heart throbbed as she gave out orders; she couldn’t afford to make a wrong calculation as several lives depended on her decisions.

Ming Yu Xue’s and the fair maiden’s psychological attacks were really powerful; even the wild beasts were affected.

“You guys joined them; I’ll look after the little guy,” Li Haoran said as he moved closer to little Zi Mo’s location.

Ming Yu Xue noticed it, but she was instead relieved, so she didn’t shoo him away just this once.

She has to admit she couldn’t really focus on the war with a child by her side; that’s why she let Shan Shan give out orders.