CHAPTER 535: the emperor's plea (1)

When they arrived in the capital, they still had less than a week left to prepare. Yue, give Xiang Wanwan a lump sum of money to do something interesting.

The night when Yu Yue returned to the capital, everything started to turn chaotic as the forces in the underworld were mobilized, targeting Pei Lianran and the first prince faction. Almost every day, they receive batches of assassins.

Yu Yue paid a huge amount for their lives; ever since, no one dared to openly issue a killing bounty for royalties.

The commotion was too great, and the reward was too tempting, so everyone was in a frenzy; even loose cultivators joined in on the fun.

The emperor could no longer control the situation, and he investigated the matter.

He was shocked to find out that the reward for killing the first prince was ten thousand high-grade crystals. As for Pei Lianran, her price was seven thousand high-grade crystals, so the grand preceptors were exhausted to the bone dealing waves and waves of assassins.

Although it wasn’t used as a currency here, cultivators can absorb its energy so they can advance to higher levels. Even the low-grade ones on this continent were considered a treasure. Let alone a high-grade one.

For the first time, Pei Lianran has been so scared in her entire life. Same with the first prince; he didn’t dare show his face. Even in his mansion, several assassins managed to sneak in.

This situation made the emperor so angry that he summoned the first prince and Pei Lianran. Through them, he found out what they had done, and even the empress was implicated.

“Who did it? "Bai Chen Yu asked Bai, who reported the situation. It goes without saying that he already caused the person behind the scenes, but he would just like to confirm.

“Nobody knows who’s the mastermind,"  he said with a frown as he observed his master's expression.

Back at the palace, the emperor called Eunuch Wang as he trembled with fear.

“Your Majesty, what are your instructions? ”The eunuch bowed respectfully.

“C-called, Bai Chen Yu quickly,” otherwise this mess will grow even bigger. If he dared any longer, he feared that all of the experts in the grand preceptor's residence and first prince manor would be annihilated.

“Yeah, your majesty,” Eunuch Wang was also a little fearful. The underworld is different; they won’t care about royalties as long as the price is good.

“Your Majesty, you called for me? "Bai Chen Yu asked, though he already has an inkling of what’s going on.

“Chen'er, can you tell me what’s going on? ”The emperor swallowed his saliva as he asked with a complicated expression.

“Aren’t your majesties already clear of the ins and outs of this matter? "Bai Chen Yu asked rhetorically.

“Is it her? ”The emperor asked agitatedly.

“Who’s her, your majesty? "Bai Chen Yu asked with a blank expression.

“Chen'er, I know that you have been wrong, but can you let it slide just this time? You were cousins after all,” the emperor said, closing his eyes as he pleaded on behalf of the third prince.

“Your Majesty, you should understand that it’s not up to me anymore,” Bai Chen Yu sighed.