CHAPTER 431: Unexpected encounter (1)

On the other side, Su Feng and his team wandered in the depths of the forest for three days before returning dejectedly.

“Young master, we have to return. We just received the news; the old master wants us back,” one of the guards said tentatively.

"Hmm," Su Feng nodded absentmindedly as his eyes reddened in hopelessness. He couldn’t help tearing up at the mention of going back to see his grandfather. He’s been searching for the spirit blood for more than a year already. They scoured all possible places where it could be on other continents, but they just couldn’t find it.

The atmosphere instantly became heavy, and the rest also had a tense expression aside from the heartless cat who lay in Su Feng’s embrace contentedly in a lazy posture.

“Let’s go,” Su Feng reluctantly said as he took a teleportation compass to quickly return to the cloud continent.

In the cloud continent at Su Mansion

“grandfather! "He exclaimed, seeing a dignified old man who had difficulty walking by himself. He was already so old, and his lifespan is nearing an end.

“Little Feng," the old man sighed sadly. He still couldn’t bear to leave the Su family behind. It would have been fine if there was someone who could support their family’s foundation for another hundred years.

He could already imagine the downfall of the Su family once he passed away. His only way is to advance as soon as possible to the nascent spirit peak realm, but he’s been stuck for decades already without any signs of breaking through. He could feel his lifespan getting exhausted, and he was aware of the efforts of the Su family, but they still have no news of the spirit blood tree, which is his only chance to advance and extend his lifespan.

At this moment, the elegant hall has a solemn atmosphere. The younger generations, who couldn’t stay still, were all teary-eyed at this moment.

“Grandpa, I’m very sorry. I didn’t have the chance of encountering the spirit blood  tree," th eldest brother Su said in a small voice, his tone full of  self-blame.

"I didn’t even hear any news of it, nor could I find any other ways, father.” Father Su also cried bitterly.

The second brother Su remained quiet, but his hands were clenched tightly as his chests heaved up and down heavily.

While everyone was either crying or self-blaming, little Bai leisurely played with the storage ring in its front paws. It tried to catch their attention earlier, but they couldn’t be bothered; they were all too absorbed in their own emotions to notice its abnormality.

It's not a contracted beast since no one is capable of forming a contract with it, so it's simply a live-in pet in your residence. Thus, it couldn’t relay its thoughts.

It experimented with it for a while before getting the hang of it.

"Meow-meow-" It jumps around in front of Su Feng while waving its paws.

“Little Bai, stop causing a ruckus. Now’s not the time.” Su Feng frowned. He picked up the little thing, who in turn jumped away angrily and meowed in frustration.