Chapter 525: Entering the Palace (1)

In the end, she still wears her own clothes and set of jewelry. They were all precious and rare. Ever since she was young, all of her clothes were made specially for her, and her jewelry was also designed just for her, and they were made with precious materials.

The one sent to her room looks cheap compared to her stuff.

“Who sent this? ”She wrinkled her nose, seeing the tacky dress and ornaments.

“Bai, he says, the empress sends them,” Xiaowanwan said. Even she could tell this stuff was too tacky and unflattering. Seeing how you dress up, usually even just a piece of her hairpin, is much more valuable compared to the things the empress sent.

“Is the empress broke? ”You asked seriously.

Hearing her words, Xiang Wanwan staggered; she couldn’t keep herself calm anymore as she looked around cautiously. Thankfully, there’s no one around, or else they might be sentenced to death by the empress.

“Maybe,” she replied in a small voice. She still felt fearful talking behind the empress's back. Her master was really bold; she dared to say things in their hearts in a direct way.

Yu Yue wears her palace dress; she has had so many since she grew up in a palace to begin with. She’s wearing a flowing white dress made with the finest snow silkworm.

It’s currently hot in the Zou Empire, and her dress was warm to the touch.

Unlike her usual get-up, her dress wasn’t plain this time. There are embroidered white lotuses, as though they have life. Her waist was adorned by a jade belt, and she has matching white gradient pearl earrings and white shoes inlaid with the same kind of pearls, which complement a little purple perfectly.

She didn’t wear any hair ornaments as she found them heavy, and she’s used to having a little purple hair.

After Xiang Wanwan helped her dress, she put on light makeup on Yu Yue’s face. For the finishing look, Yu Yue carried her celestial fan.

When she came out, they all looked at her dreamily. She’s beautiful to begin with. Without makeup, she looks so pure and innocent. Now that she was carefully dressed up, even the princesses in the palace couldn’t compare to her. Coupled with her demeanor and unmatched beauty, she’s like a celestial beauty coming out of the painting.

“what? ”Yu yue asked the dazed Bai Chen Yu."

“You look different today,” he said after coughing, his ears burning red.

“Well, aren’t we entering the palace for a banquet? I can’t possibly look shabby,” she said, rolling her eyes as she called Butler White out.

Her little pets were also following her today; she didn’t feel comfortable going alone. Without them, she would feel lonely easily, even if she didn’t see them for a second. Her little ones could sense her emotions, so they always stayed close to her.

“ahem! What I mean is you look stunning today,” Bai Chen Yu coughed as he praised a lady for the first time.

“Did you take the wrong medicine? ”You look at him and ask seriously.

“Pfft,” Xiaowanwan couldn’t stop her laughter, as could the others.

This was probably the first time Bai Chen Yu praised a woman, and he received such a reply.