Chapter 9

At the Station

They all walk into the bullpen.

Jane:What the hell, guys. How did someone get her?

Munch: They grabbed her while she was on her way to get a coffee. She was walking to her car from her apartment when a man came up and grabbed her. We have a witness and she gave us a sketch of our suspect. We think you might know him.

He hands it to her. She looks at it and she starts crying. She sits down at her desk.

Everyone: Jane, what's wrong?

Jane: His name is Jared Lawrence. When I first became a girl, he developed this huge crush on me. He asked me out and I told him I only date women. He got really pissed off and said, "I'll get you one day, just wait and see." Then he stormed off. I haven't seen or heard from him in years. I don't even know if he still lives in the same place.

Rollins: So, he took Olivia to get back at you. Why? You're not dating.

Jane: Amanda, she's a woman and she's my partner. She's close to me. He's doing this so I'll take him back. He thinks that if there's no one for me to love, then I'll have to love him. He's eliminating every woman from my life. Oh, god. He's gonna try and go after all of you. You're targets.

Munch: Run his name, Jane.

Jane: Okay.

She runs his name and his address pops up. He still lives in the same house.

Jane: Got it. 1981 Cambridge Street. Wait that's my street.

Munch: I know you're only supposed be on light field work, Jane, but come on. Wear your vest!

Jane: Ugh!

She grabs her vest and puts it on while walking out.