Chapter 65

At Home-Saturday 10 am

Jane is in her office typing up her report for homicide and also filling out payroll and signing the reports for SVU. She's just finishing her Homicide Report, when Maura knocks on the door.

Maura: Jane?
Jane: Yes?

Maura: Everyone's calling asking if it's okay if they come over for the afternoon and also tomorrow. Should I tell them yes or no?

Jane: What time are they wanting to come over today?

Maura: They said in about 2 hours. It's 10 now.

Jane: That's fine. I should be done by then.

Maura: Okay. Um, do you need anything while I'm here?

Jane: No thanks. I have some water and soda in the fridge. I'll be fine. Thanks, though.

Maura: Okay. I love you.

Jane: I love you too.

Maura walks out and she starts looking over and signing the reports for SVU. It takes about an hour and she moves on to the SVU Payroll. She starts filling out the paperwork and gets Olivia, Nick and Amanda done when she hears the doorbell ring. Maura let's them in and yells for her.

Maura: Jane, everyone's here!

Jane: (walking out of the office) Okay, Maura. Geez. I can hear the doorbell. I was working on SVU payroll. It needs to be turned in on Monday.

Olivia: So how's being Captain treating you?

Jane: It's like being sergeant just with a little more paperwork. But, I got my homicide report, all of your reports and payroll for everyone except Fin done in about two and a half hours. Another fifteen to thirty minutes and I'll have everything done.

Amanda: Damn, boss. That's fast.

Jane: I've always been fast on my reports. But, I'm not boss today. On the weekends, I'm Jane. Not Boss or Captain. Got it?

Everyone: Yes.

Jane: Okay. (to Maura) Is homicide gonna be here too?

Maura: Yes. They're all coming. I asked your mother as well.

Jane: Is she gonna start on me about having sex without a condom? Because one word out of her mouth Maura and I swear, my hand and the wall ain't gonna be the only things broken this time.

Maura: No. I told her if she wants to be in our lives, that she has to live by your rules, not hers. She agreed.

Jane: She agreed to that? What'd you tell her you'd do if she didn't?

Maura: I didn't-

Jane: Maura.

Maura: I may have told her she'd never be a part of ours or our children's lives. Actually, I kinda yelled it.

Jane: That's my girl! You finally grew a backbone and spoke your mind. I like it. You're feisty and it's hot.

Nick: Seriously, Jane.

Jane: What?!

Olivia: You're feisty and it's hot? Talk about inappropriate language in front of your coworkers.

Jane: Really? We're not coworkers today. Today, we're friends. I may be your boss, but I was your friend first and I always will be.

The doorbell rings again.

Jane: It's open!

In walks Korsak, Frost, Frankie, Lindsay, Cindy, Jill, Claire, Cavanaugh.

Jane: Hey, guys. I see my mother didn't come with you.