Chapter 73

The Next Night

Lindsay, Jill & Claire are walking up to the scene.

Lindsay: Some times she even falls asleep on my pillow.

Jill: Also number 37 not to get a dog.

Lindsay: What? Cute.

Jill: I already told Nick no. That's to dangerous. The practice for the k word.

Lindsay: Cats?

Jill: Kids? Sex, once a month.

Lindsay: Are you talking to someone about these commitment issues? What do you got?

Maura: Death by a bullet. Neighbor heard a gunshot about midnight and called it in.

Lindsay: Was the shot preceded by, say Shouting or the sounds of a struggle ?

Maura: Well, only the lonesome call of the whip-poor-will.

Lindsay: You were at the opera again tonight, weren't you? She gets in these moods.

Jane: Somebody made business. We can gather it wasn't a carjacking. That's his car. And did I hear that you're dating Nick? Like Nick Amaro-Nick?

Jill: Yes. No one knows. We didn't want people to know. God he's young.

Claire: Yeah, 21.

Lindsay: Already married. Ethan Williams, his driver's license says he lived a half mile up the road. He's a security guard at an art gallery. Carried a gun all the good it did it.

Jane: Employer probably gave him the weapon, didn't bother to train him how to use it so the killer disarmed him, took the gun with him.

Lindsay: Smart. He was shot with his gun? We'll know when the gun he had will be found.

Maura: Retrieve bullet, and I'll check -

Lindsay: Are those blood stains on that scarf?

Claire: I was gonna ride by the lab and see if the blood belonged to the victim.

Lindsay: Or our killers.

Jill: What are we thinking? He came here to meet somebody and got ambushed?

Lindsay: Or he was followed. He got out, he confronts who was following him, pulled his gun, things went south from there. There was a scuffle, killer lost his scarf, maybe he was wounded,-

Claire: Ethan got a clean shot to the forehead.

Cindy waves at Lindsay.

Lindsay: I'll be right back. OK, we know nothing fit to print, so don't bother asking.

Cindy: I wasn't going to ask. I was going to offer information.

Lindsay: Well, in that case, offer away.

Cindy: This park used to be totally evil-drug-dealer infested, then there was this whole save-the-park campaign, and-

Lindsay: It got cleaned up, I know. Who do you think did the cleaning ?

Cindy: Oh, right. The police. Do you think the dealers came back?

Lindsay: It could be another one of our ten possible theories.

Jill: Maybe his cell records will shed light. I'll get rolling on a subpoena.

Lindsay: Looks like another night in the morgue. I love my job. I'll see you back at BPD. I've gotta go notify a very young widow.

Jane: Good evening, I'm Sergeant Rizzoli this is Detective Rizzoli. We're looking for Ethan Williams' wife?

Woman: Beth? She's with Ethan. They went out for a walk when he came home from work.

Man: We're Ethan's parents. Is everything okay?

Jane: I'm very sorry to tell you, Your son was found dead, he was shot and killed.

Father: What about beth, where is she?

Mother: Oh, my God! The baby.

Jane: They had a baby with them?

Father: Beth is nine months pregnant.