Chapter 99

In the Bullpen

Frost: Been through 10 of these computers we confiscated from Graham biomedical. Nothing so far.

Korsak: Hey, I got something.

Video

Frost: I'm friggedy Frost, I'm just like ice ♪ I'm always chillin', I'm up on the Mike ♪ you catchin' a cold because I'm always illin' ♪ I'm wiggedy wow with my styl, I got crazy steez ♪ and mad flavor, you should call me Mr.
Tastee fre♪z ohh ♪

Frost: I could flow.

Jane: Mm.

(Beep)

Frost: Okay, okay. Now we're talking.
Just found a deleted search on how to make a homemade silencer.

Jane: Was that on Rory's computer?

Frost: No, this is Steve Sanner's.

Lindsay: Doubt our victim was looking up ways to silently shoot himself.

Jane: People carry around their laptops. His wife, Emily, could have had access to it.

Lindsay: You think she killed him to hang on to their fortune?

Jane: Wouldn't be the first time.

With Emily in Interrogation

Lindsay: You know what this is, don't you, Emily?

Emily: A water bottle? Is that a filter?

Jane: It's a homemade silencer, like the one used to shoot your husband.

Emily: What?

Lindsay: We know Steve was about to go public on his company's defective valve. Would have sent C&S Medical running for the hills. No buyout. No big bucks. But with Steve dead, his share of the company reverts to you.

Emily: Is that what this is about? He must have known money never mattered to me.

Lindsay: Money matters to everyone.
[ Scoffs ]

Emily: He was so tortured. I knew it had something to do with his work. And why didn't you tell us that before? I found this tucked into the spokes of my son's bike.

She hands them a note.

Jane: Well, I think I know why Debbie didn't come to us earlier.

She walks into the bullpen.

Frost: Casey is on your desk.

Jane: Huh? Hey. Hey. Wow. Twice in two days. A girl could start to feel special.

Casey: You are special.

Jane: Shh! Come -- I'm at work, all right?

Casey: So, tell me how your case is going.

Jane: It's bad, Casey. Debbie Tibbet was found dead. Someone was threatening Emily Sanner. We know it's about money, but, you know, whoever's doing this is just a serious, cold-blooded killer.

Casey: I can't believe it's a classmate.

Jane: People do crazy things when they're desperate, you know?

Frost: CSRU is processing Rory's car.

Jane: Okay. I got to go tear apart an insanely expensive ride.

Casey: Come to Afghanistan. It's great.
120-degree heat. You can eat dust all day. You can wear a burka.

Jane: Oh, my God. How totally fun. Too bad -- murder calls.