Chapter 107

A Week Later

Maura's at home waiting for Jane to get there with everyone so they can relax and have fun, when the doorbell rings. She gets up and answers it.

Maura: Ian!!

They hug. He starts kissing her and she lets him. He picks her up and carries her to the couch. He takes her shirt off and then her bra. He starts sucking on her nipples and she moans.

Maura: (moans) Don't stop.

They were so into what they were doing, that they didn't hear the front door open and everyone walk in.

They all walk in and see them on the couch. They look at Jane and she drops the case file she was holding and starts crying. She runs up the stairs and slams the bedroom door.

Olivia says something.

Olivia: Maura Dorothea Isles how could you?!

Maura stays silent and cries. After a minute or two, Jane comes down the stairs with suitcases.

Maura: Jane, what are you doing?!

Jane: (crying) I'm leaving and I'm not giving you another chance. I should've known it wouldn't work out when I caught you cheating on me when we were dating. I should've realized then that it wouldn't work between us. I didn't want to believe you were capable of doing something like that. I guess I was wrong. Take my wedding ring back. It was stupid of me to propose to you. I knew this was gonna happen. Have fun with Ian. I guess I never really had a chance. I've already got the divorce papers and I'll have them on your desk tomorrow. I'll have the rest of my stuff out by tomorrow night. Goodbye.

She walks out and goes to her apartment.

At the House

Everyone: How could you?!!

Jill,Claire&Cindy: I can't believe it's true. You've blown it Maura. Let's go guys. I want to go to Jane.

Everyone Else: So do I.

They all walk out leaving Maura crying and Ian sitting next to her looking like a wounded puppy.

Ian: So you're married?

Maura: I won't be for much longer. I can't believe I keep letting you do this.

Ian: We can be together now. Isn't that what you wanted?

Maura: I didn't want to hurt Jane, Ian. I just found out this morning that I'm pregnant with her child. Every time you show up here you expect me to be single. I wasn't this time and I let you anyway. I'm an idiot. I just ruined the best relationship I've ever had. Get out Ian, just get out and never come back. I mean it.

He looks at her and tells she really does mean it. He just shakes his head, grabs his bag and walks out the door.

As soon as he leaves, she slides to the floor and starts balling. She ends up falling asleep.