Chapter 34

That Night At the Dirty Robber

An hour after they get there, Murray, the owner, comes up to the small stage. Everyone stops talking and looks at him.

Murray: I know this was supposed to happen a few days ago, but some things came up and it didn't happen. Everything's okay now. So, I would like to have both Detective Rizzoli's, Lieutenant Korsak, and Sergeant Rizzoli come up to the stage and sing a few songs.

They get up and walk to the stage. Everybody applauds. Everyone from Homicide and SVU along with Cindy and Jill look surprised.

Jane: Hello everyone. Um, a few of the songs we're gonna sing are very personal to me. When I was 16, I was actually a man. I ended up getting a girl pregnant and we had a son. Her name is Veronica and my sons name is Matthew. Two years later, I didn't feel right, so I changed into a girl. A year after that, when he turned 4, she told her parents, who didn't like me, that I was the father and they moved away. I tried to get her to stay, but her family was rich and they'd have cut her off if she would've. I was depressed all the time and I wrote a few songs to express my feelings. The first song is called How Far.

Martina McBrides' How Far

Jane:Piano Frankie:Drums
Lindsay:Electric Guitar
Korsak: Violin

Jane: There's a boat, I could sail away. There's the sky, I could catch a plane. There's a train, there's the tracks. I could leave and I could choose to not come back. Oh, never come back.

Lindsay: There you are, giving up the fight. Here I am, begging you to try.
Talk to me, let me in. But you just put your wall back up again. Oh, when's it gonna end?

Jane: How far do I have to go to make you understand. I wanna make this work so much it hurts, but I just can't keep on giving, go on living with the way things are. So, I'm gonna walk away and it's up to you to say how far.

Lindsay: There's a chance, I could change my mind. But I won't. Not 'till you decide. What you want, what you need. Do you even care if I stay or leave? Oh, what's it gonna be?

Jane: How far do I have to go to make you understand. I wanna make this work so much it hurts, but I just can't, keep on giving, go on living with the way things are. So, I'm gonna walk away, and it's up to you to say how far.

All: Out of this chair, or just across the room. Halfway down the block- Or halfway to the moon.

Jane: How far do I have to go to make you understand. I wanna make this work so much it hurts but I just can't. Keep on giving, go on living with the way things are. So, I'm gonna walk away, and it's up to you to say. Yeah, I'm gonna walk away, and it's up to you to say, How far. How far. Ooh.

Everyone stands up & applauds them.

Jane: This next song is called Why Haven't I Heard From You. Lindsay's gonna sing with me.

Reba McEntire & Kelly Clarkson's
Why Haven't I Heard From You

Jane-Saxophone
Lindsay-Piano
Frankie-Drums
Korsak-Elect. Guitar

Jane: Back in 1876 an ol' boy named Bell invented a contraption that we know so well.

Lindsay: By the 1950's they were in everybody's home. As a crazy little thing they call the telephone. Now there's one on every corner, in the back of every bar. You can get one in your briefcase, on a plane or in your car.

Jane: So tell me why
Lindsay: ...................Why.

Jane: haven't I
Lindsay:..........Haven't I