Chapter 14

At BPD

Cavanaugh: Kincaid's in surgery.

Jane: How's it looking?

Cavanaugh: Not good. Matthew was caught coming out of a sporting-goods store. Kincaid was walking a foot beat, came up on him, and Matthew shot him with his own gun.

Jane: Oh, my God. Well, can I -- can I see him? Can I see Matthew?

Cavanaugh: He says he doesn't want to talk to anybody.

Jane: I'm his mother! He's only 15! I'm getting him a lawyer.

Cavanaugh: Rizzoli, Frost, Korsak.

Lindsay,Frost&Korsak:Sir.

Cavanaugh: I'm gonna need you three to keep focused on the dead dance mom. You got that?

(Elevator bell dings)

Lindsay, Frost & Korsak: Yes, sir.

Cavanaugh: So, Jane, you -- you take care of your business.

Veronica walks into the bullpen from the elevator.

Veronica: Jane! Why didn't you answer the phone?! Because it was me calling?! I needed you!

Everyone looks at them.

Jane: You don't take my calls for eleven years! You take him away from me at 4 years old, because I wanted to become a woman! You tell him I don't care about him! And now you need me?! Because it's convenient for you?!

Veronica: Jane, please.

Jane: You know, he shot a cop, Veronica!

Veronica: No! It wasn't Matthew!

Jane: They caught him running from the scene with blood on his clothes and the gun in his hand! The officer he shot is fighting for his life! I know him! I need you to go home, please.

Veronica: Will you go see him?! Make sure he's okay?!

Jane: I tried! He won't talk to me!

Veronica: Well, he's just scared! H-he's -- he's a minor! He's 15!

Jane: Not if Kincaid dies he's not! (starts crying) They will charge him as an adult with first-degree murder!