The classroom-part 2

°•. ✿ .•° °•. ✿ .•°

"You are both aware of why you are here. Had that potion of been up to par, you could have killed yourselves or worse...another student" Snape's eyes were as thin as slits as he looked over both Elizabeth and Mattheo, who were stood about two metres apart.

"Now, you will clean this classroom until it is spotless! No magic! Give me your wands..." Snape held out his hand, first approaching Mattheo who dropped his wand into Snape's hand with a sigh and then to Elizabeth who gave him her fakest smile as she handed hers over.

"You may leave when it is done..." Snape spat, leaving the classroom and slamming the door as his robes swayed behind him.

Elizabeth groaned as she walked over to one of the benches and started scrubbing it with the cloth that Snape provided. In the corner of her eye, she could see Mattheo's figure, still in the same place it had been.

"Are you just going to stand there?" She hissed.

"Yes because it's your fault we are here!" Mattheo spat, shaking his head as he did so.

"You're such a child" Elizabeth chuckled to herself but the truth was, she wanted to cry. Burst into tears and scream and shout, until her lungs burnt.

"Hurry up, I'd like to leave" Mattheo added a few seconds later.

"What? So you can go and see Astoria?" Elizabeth stopped her movements, awaiting his response.

"I wasn't seeing her in the first place..."

"It looked like you were to me" Elizabeth mumbled quietly. Perhaps bringing her up, wasn't the best idea because it was still an open wound for her.

"It didn't mean anything...she's...well she isn't-.." Mattheo sighed, running his hands into his hair. Elizabeth watched him with furrowed brows but she didn't push anymore, she feared the answer would only hurt her. So, as Mattheo leant against the desk with his arms crossed over his chest, Elizabeth scrubbed the classroom high and low. Making sure not to miss anything. As she did one final check, she was satisfied with her work, sure that Snape would have no complaints.

"I'm done" Elizabeth muttered quietly. Sighing as she made her way to the door with Mattheo right behind her but as she twisted the door knob, nothing happened.

"It won't open..." Elizabeth spoke loudly.

"Let me try" Mattheo huffed, gently pushing the girl aside as he wiggled the handle but still, nothing. "It's definitely stuck".

"Well we can just...." We don't have our wands. "We don't have our wands" Elizabeth's heart beat dramatically increased in that moment. She was trapped, in a classroom with no escape. She grabbed the handle once more, shaking the door as hard as she could but when nothing happened, her breathing increased. A wave of dizziness took over her mind, making the room spin beneath her feet. She could feel beads of sweat forming on her forehead and her eyes flickered all over her surroundings as she tried to keep her anxiety at bay. She didn't want him to notice.

"We'll just have to stay here until Snape comes back in the morning..." Mattheo mumbled as he walked across the classroom, taking a seat on one of the stools but when he looked back over at Elizabeth, he saw she frozen to her place.