The beginning of the end

°•. ✿ .•° °•. ✿ .•°

Platform 9 and 3/4 bustled with life. Small children clinging to their parents arms, clearly astounded by the red steam train, whilst the older years simply walked through the crowds with a huff, having not much amazement left after all of these years.

Elizabeth Montague was different though, she still gawked at the train as if it wasn't real, as if there was no way that a whole platform could be hidden behind a single pillar, yet, here it was.

This time last year, she stood here with her brother, anxious about seeing Mattheo Riddle and the rest of the Slytherin's but things had changed, she felt excitement to see her friends again and her hand, was linked with that same boys.

He not only pulled his trunk, but Elizabeth's too, insisting that she wasn't to do it herself and normally Elizabeth would argue that she was more than capable but she was rather tired.

A loud whistle alerted them of the trains soon to be, departure and with a small smile, they dropped off their trunks and boarded the train, trying not to get trampled by the hoards of people looking for a free compartment. Thankfully because of Mattheo's reputation, the sight of him alone made everyone split, allowing the Slytherin prince and princess to have an easy route to the back of the train.

Elizabeth chuckled as she took in the feared expressions of everyone around her, knowing that Mattheo was really like a summers day, warm, bright and playful.

"Shutup" Mattheo hissed as he heard her giggles.

"I'm sorry it's just-I don't know why they're scared" Elizabeth whispered under her breath.

"Because I'm a scary guy" Mattheo grumbled.

"Oh please" Elizabeth snickered.

"Just because I'm nice to you, that doesn't mean that I won't rip their eyeballs from their sockets" Mattheo sneered as he continued walking, not stopping for anyone in his way.

Elizabeth knew it was true. For her, he'd bow down and kiss her shoes. For anyone else, he would kill them for just looking at him the wrong way. Most girls would be put off by that, maybe they'd even say he was a physco path but to Elizabeth, it was sweet. He trusted her enough to be vulnerable with her, he didn't feel like he had to keep up the facade he'd built.

"Ahh it's the prince and his princess, let me stand up just so I can bow down" Elizabeth smirked at Theo's voice. She hadn't seen his face yet, but she knew him well enough to know that it held a toothy grin.

"Sit down you prick" Mattheo chuckled.

"Beth, can I say, you look even more beautiful than the last time I saw you" Theo grabbed her hand, placing a delicate kiss to the back of it.

"Missed you too Nott" Elizabeth ruffled his hair as she slotted into the seat next to him, Mattheo taking the end seat.

"Good summer mate?" Mattheo raised his eyebrows in question.

"Oh yeah" Theo sent Mattheo a wink, which earn't him a punch in the arm from Elizabeth.

"Girlfriend, right here" Elizabeth frowned.